We already spent 2 nights at the resort last year - as we really enjoyed our short stay then, we came back for a 6 nights-stay. And we're so happy we did!
We were warmely welcomed as "coming home" friends and given the suite we'd been asking for, with a wonderful view and a fabulous bathroom. The whole historic property itself is fantastic, so is the location up in the hills, with wonderful views on the surrounding countryside - don't skip the view on the valley when the mist is rising up, it's just gorgeous!
Having breakfast on the terrasse early morning is such a plesant moment and makes you ready to drive and discover the surroundings - immediate or not: Florence, the Chianti region, Lucca, San Gemignano...And coming back in the evening to find peace and beauty in the Villa is just great! .
Havind dinner in the restaurant is remarkably enjoyable too: the food and wine are delicious and the atmosphere is elegant. Really enjoyed too the limoncello Dario used to bring to us in the living room!
We are feeling we've found top of the Tuscan atmosphere... and probably will be back again!
Thanks to all the most welcoming staff, to Sandra, to Bianca, Tatiana, Viola...Dario (and the people working in the restaurant too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany