We recently stayed at Villa Campestri for five nights. It is a very friendly place, where the owners and employees go out of their way for guests. We reserved a room without thinking about needing a ground floor room (no elevator). Not to worry, they graciously agreed to change our room. As many have observed, this property is historic, but bathrooms have been updated. The food is fabulous. We had dinner every night. Dario manages the restaurant. He speaks excellent English and can describe all the dishes for you. We especially enjoyed the risotto special one night with vegetables and saffron. The filet of beef is also spectacular. The wine is also excellent. All very reasonably priced. The propery is located on top of a large hill. Once you get to the road that goes to the property, you have a 2 mile, narrow, twisty turny, drive. Just be prepared. We enjoyed market day in nearby Borgo San Lorenzo. Florence is easy by train or car. We also drove to the Chianti region and to the medieval town of Lucca. It's about a half hour drive to the autostrada. We had a great time, even when the weather didn't cooperate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany