Villa Campestri is peacefully set in the hills about an hour outside of Florence. The property is lovely and very well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. There are wonderful walks all around. The olive oil is delicious.
We booked a superior room and were upgraded to a suite on arrival. Unfortunately, the suite was quite drab and may have given us an unfavorable first impression. The resort was booked and we were only able to swap rooms the following day. The suite was excessively dark with only a few dim lamps that didn't provide enough light to read with, the bedroom had only one sliver of window that faced the unspectacular driveway and not the peaceful landscape that the front of the resort offers. The room was heavy, draped in maroon and depressing. The bed, bedding, and amenities were tired and the bathroom was dirty. We were switched to a lovely room the following day with large windows that opened to a pleasant view. The bathroom was clean and the room was all around far more cheerful.
This resort is perfectly comfortable and nice, the grounds are extremely pleasant and the staff is very friendly. We enjoyed our stay after the first night and we would recommend this resort with some things to keep in mind. There is very little lighting throughout - it is dim and dark inside. While most of the old furniture is charming and fits the ambiance, some of the amenities that would make a guest comfortable are simply tired or outdated and not in a way that compliments the style. It is a simple and charming place though that has a lot of character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany