we arrived with two children (ages 7 and 9). reception is very kind. breakfast is fresh and appropriate. It is not a large scale hotel, but the breakfast includes the best bacon I've tasted in a while. The grounds are beautiful. Only wish was that there were more playground facilities. There were several kids there as it was May holiday in Europe. Most guests do day trips, but we actually stayed at the grounds, it was very peaceful. Nice pool with an attractive view of the valley. My husband and I had the chance to go running around the area, it is pretty steep but it beats running back home. We also purchased the olive oil from them. Olives are pressed in October, so we missed the chance to see them actually make the olive oil. Our room had impressive high ceilings and was decorated in the 'rustic' Italian design. I was pretty amazed at how good the water pressure was in the room. In general, recommendation this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany