A fantastic place to relax and enjoy the weather, countryside and Florence. Only 30 minutes on the train to Florence from Borgo San Lorenzo (a 10 min drive). Great contrast to bustling, frenetic Firenze. Around the park, there are chairs and tables, pool set into the hillside, plenty of space for kids to run around and explore. The hotel itself is located in an old restored villa. A lot of effort has been made to keep the authentic character of the villa. All the rooms are decorated with antique furniture, wall carpets, paintings. The restaurant is also fantastic starting with the complimentary glass of Prosecco, to the indulgent examples of Italian gastronomy. The menu has a very large selection of Italian dishes prepared with olive oil. The hotel produces its own olive oil. Ask Dario, the restaurant maestro, for advice on wines etc as he is always very helpful. Breakfast is also good and complete, with delicious pastries. All the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival we were heartily greeted, served a cold cuts and cheese platter and wine (due to late arrival and restaurant being closed). We appreciated the personal attention very much and are visiting again this summer with our children this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany