I've never felt that a hotel should charge more before staying at Villa Campestri.
The setting and the views are fantastic.
The olive oil experience was lovely and unique.
The sunset dinners were superb. The food was amazing and the service was excellent.
We had major issues with the Italian postal service from our prior hotel, which Villa Campestri staff were hugely helpful in addressing for us. Without them we'd still be tracking our personal possessions across Italy!!
If the rooms had air conditioning it would be totally perfect. Because of the hotel being a listed building (or something of the sort), the hotel is without air con. We stayed in the very height of summer and we still managed to sleep well. The walls are very thick so it's a naturally very well insulated building.
We can't wait to come back here. Just a great, high quality, incredibly relaxing stay.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.