My stay at the Villa Campestri was extraordinarily enjoyable. We found out about the Villa through a web site run by a New York Times food writer, which offered an all-inclusive program put together by Nancy Harmon Jenkins, an author with whom my wife was familiar. This vacation proved to be perfect: beautiful and relaxing environment (the Villa is sited on a large olive orchard on a hill overlooking a valley in the Mugello area of Tuscany, and the rooms are large, comfortable and have lovely views); gracious and friendly hosts; entertaining and enlightening programs (hands-on cooking classes from local and guest chefs, olive oil classes and tastings; visits to a local vineyard, market, and trattoria), delicious food, wine and the Villa's olive oil, the making of which we watched and learned about. The Villa Campestri is an easy short train ride from Florence, where we spent a few days before heading out to the country. All things considered, the Villa Campestri experience was satisfying in all respects and I would recommend it to friends and family.
Brian in MD
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.