If there is a better place I can't imagine what it is. The rooms are absolutely perfect with wonderful furniture, large bathrooms with big showers and screaming hot water and good water pressure. While this seems like it should be expected often these things are difficult in the ancient homes that are through Europe. Here, however, things are exactly as you wish them to be.
The food was absolutely phenomenal, from the gigantic breakfasts with anything you could want to the amazing and delicious dinners. Do not miss the molten chocolate olive oil cake. It may seem a bit odd but it is incredibly delicious. If you're around during the day you'll see the local guy bringing in fresh veggies every day... the food is local you can taste that it's freshly made.
The staff could not be more kind, making sure you have everything you could want or need.
Frankly I'm not sure why I left this place, with the reasonable prices and wonderful accommodations I should probably ask what the cost is for a month... or a year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany