“Best place on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Vicchio
Seattle, Washington
“Best place on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If there is a better place I can't imagine what it is. The rooms are absolutely perfect with wonderful furniture, large bathrooms with big showers and screaming hot water and good water pressure. While this seems like it should be expected often these things are difficult in the ancient homes that are through Europe. Here, however, things are exactly as you wish them to be.

The food was absolutely phenomenal, from the gigantic breakfasts with anything you could want to the amazing and delicious dinners. Do not miss the molten chocolate olive oil cake. It may seem a bit odd but it is incredibly delicious. If you're around during the day you'll see the local guy bringing in fresh veggies every day... the food is local you can taste that it's freshly made.

The staff could not be more kind, making sure you have everything you could want or need.

Frankly I'm not sure why I left this place, with the reasonable prices and wonderful accommodations I should probably ask what the cost is for a month... or a year!

Room Tip: While they will tell you the single room is small it's far larger than most single rooms I staye...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gemmapasquali, Owner at Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Jessica, it was a pleasure for us to have you here. Please come back as soon as possible! Than you for your wonderful review!

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Dear Viola, now that we are back home - 5 in Rome and 4 in Suffolk - I want to let you know again that we all enjoyed our stay at Villa Campestri immensely.
I myself experienced a happy mix of being in a very good Resort, so romantic, and being the paying guests of a friendly well-to-do country family: a very good combination indeed.
Some time ago my wife and I attended a Golden Wedding Party of friends in Rome: some 80 people at a dinner in a rented place, no atmosphere at all, and we said to each other "Now we know how we do not want to celebrate our fifty years" and we decided on a family reunion in a happy surrounding in Tuscany: Villa Campestri and we now know that we took the right decision.... Even little Lee, the dog, seemed to agree with our choice.... Thanks again for the friendly assistance we received from you and your staff. P.S. My son and I approved your wine list....
Walter

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at Villa Campestri was beyond my expectations. As a devoted home chef I was fascinated to learn more about olive oil and learn I did. I also ate, drank, and basked in the gorgeous setting of the Villa.
My fellow travelers were fun and interesting and there were wonderful stories being shared and lots of laughter.
The Villa is filled with the charm of the Old World and The Pasqualis are gracious and delightful hosts.I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This past October we had the wonderful experience of attending an Amorolio week at Villa Campestri. The experience was fantastic! The resort was wonderful, and the hospitality of the Pasquali family was beyond measure! We laughed, we learned, and we ate.... boy, did we EAT! Such fun meeting new friends..and memories that we will cherish forever. Whether or not you are attending the Amorolio week, or just spending vacation time in this beautiful area of Tuscany, you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

High up in the hills outside of Florence sits a tranquil escape where the service, accommodation, and food are all excellent. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite with great views of the countryside and garden. The villa itself is 13th century which in it self was quite incredible, and our room was huge with lots of wooden furniture and atmospheric lighting, possibly a little too dim for some but perfect for us as we loved the feeling of being in a place with so much history behind it, especially when the wind whistled down the valley and we were cosy under a big duvet with the shutters closed to the tempest outside. There was a stunning sitting area outside our room with vaulted ceilings and lovely tapestries, you really did feel as if you were staying in your own stately home. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, above and beyond to be honest. And the food.....wow. Dario is genuinely charming and will help you decide what to eat and drink but no matter what you choose, I can assure you it will be great. Seriously. Probably the best food we had it Italy, and consistently, for the three nights we stayed. We took advantage of the "Dine with Us" offer when we stayed and it proved outstanding value for money, also it is quite some way up a long dark narrow road and it makes a lot of sense to eat here anyway. You can easily catch a train to Florence from one of the local stations- about an hour by train- and it is not expensive. Thanks to everyone at Villa Campestri!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Billings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really don't know where to start. My sister and two friends signed up for AmorOlio, For Love of Olive Oil. Six days of learning, fun, cooking, meeting new people, enjoying the beautiful grounds of Villa Campestri, meeting the family owners, and all the staff. My sister and I arrived four days before the Olive Oil experience and were treated like royalty from the receptionists, restaurant staff, and family. The food was outstanding at the restaurant, Dario, Tatiana, Jerry, Sam, and the rest of the staff were outstanding. The beautiful estate was manicured to the T, the olive groves were beautiful, the walking trails magnificent overlooking the valley and Vicchio. We were taken to a market to buy fresh vegetables and fruit to use in our cooking class and time for shopping. It's a good thing we spend another four days in Florence so we could walk off all the food we ate. The family, Paolo, Gemma, Viola, and darling grandchildren plus the three dogs just enhanced the experience. The rooms were furnished with beautiful antiques, spacious and comfortable beds. The lighting could have been a little brighter in the bathroom. Four ladies putting on makeup was a challenge. I would go back in a second. I had admired a scarf that Gemma had on and she actually bought a couple and brought them to Florence for us and spent a few hours showing us around. I think they went out of the way to welcome us to their Villa and to Italy. Their country should be proud.

Room Tip: Just tell them what kind of room you want and it will be granted.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stood at the Villa only for one night (and day), and we regret not staying longer!
The villa is a resort with all the comfort of a 4 stars hotel in a 13th century estate. Incredible!! The pictures that I found on Internet do not make justice of the beautiful place. We had an excellent meal at the restaurant (one of our best meals in Italy) and took an introductory course to the Olive Oil world, tasting included (that for us, as foodies as we are, was amazing).

The staff was always warm and friendly, always ready to help or do the extra mile in order to make our stay more comfortable.

We are strongly thinking of going back next year, with some more time to relax and enjoy the good things that the place has to offer.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort? Share your experiences!