Here is the one place to stop (and stay) when touring Tuscany, it is a wonderful House indeed.
The 13th century building is just lovely, the settings are huge, the scenery and surroundings are astounding ( you can walk everywhere and even get some isolated place for yourself to relax);
The rooms are beautiful ( we had successively two different ones with different views), they're tastefully furnished and you can't but feel at home..
We had dinner too, the food is very good indeed and the atmosphere is so romantic. And we'll remember having breakfast on that wonderful terrasse with view...
Every member of the staff is friendly and helpful (a special thanks to Sandra, for her natural smile and friendliness )
The area is untouristic and interesting - a very good base for exploring the real Tuscany, not far away either from spots like Firenze, Lucca, the Chianti Road, and the numerous villages everywhere...
It was everything we had hoped for, and more. So, when we drove South to stay in another hotel we had booked (same category), we were so disappointed not to live the same experience, that we shortened our stay there and drove back to Villa Campestri!! It was difficult to give back that key of our wonderful junior suite when we left! But no doubt we'll be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, EasyToBook and Splendia so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany