We stayed 3 nights at Salvadonica with another couple near the end of June 2013 and didn't want to leave! While we used the beautiful villa as a central point from which to make day trips to Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano and Radda, each evening we could not wait to get back to Salvadonica to enjoy a bottle of wine poolside overlooking the incredibly beautiful countryside. And we also returned each evening so as not to miss the magnificient dinners served in the Ristorante!
The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived after a long train ride from Rome and a stressful drive in a rental car from Florence. Beatrice and Francesca gave us a warm welcome, giving us a tour of the facilities and showing us our rooms. While the addition of air conditioning this year was a wonderful inviting addition, it actually wasn't needed during the late June days. We stayed in Rooms 14 and 15 and both were outstanding, with recently renovated bathrooms. What a treat to awaken to the beautiful view out the windows!
Breakfasts were fantastic, with a wide variety of fruits, pastries and drinks, as well as hot dishes created by the on-site chef that were seasoned with herbs from the villa's garden and which were indescribably delicious! Dinners at Salvadonica are truly a memorable experience, drawing not only guests from the villa, but also locals from nearby towns. The setting is perfect, whether seated inside or outside. And the service was outstanding - Jessica was an absolute delight!
Our only regret was that we were not able to stay longer at Salvadonica. I can't count how many times we said to ourselves "we need to come back here, and stay longer"! Beatrice and Francesca encouraged us to come back at grape picking time in November and December! Well, I'm not sure about that - they said it is an awful lot of work!!
Don't pass up Salvadonica if you are planning to spend time in Tuscany! It will provide you with a truly idyllic Tuscan experience from a "home base" perfectly situated in the Chianti region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Italy/Tuscany