I stayed at Salvadonica for 5 days this May. The grounds and surroundings are beautiful, exactly what you would imagine of Tuscany. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. There was breakfast prepared every morning with a variety of foods to satisfy virtually any international traveler. Some of the afternoons they would provide a snack with wine in the common areas. They produce wines and olive oils there on the grounds and they are not only very good but also available in the gift shop!
We stayed in the main house on the second floor, which I would recommend. I would not want to stay on the ground floor because I would think that it would be more noisy with everyones comings and goings.
The location was great for our traveling all throughout the Tuscan region. When we would arrive back at Salvadonica in the late afternoons, exhausted, after our day trips throughout Tuscany the staff was always more than happy to fix us a cured meat, cheese, and bruschetta plate! All we had to do was ask. We could not have picked a better place to spend our time in Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Italy/Tuscany