“What a perfect place!” 5 of 5 stars

Via Sorripa 10 | Loc. San Martino, 50020 San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Italy   |
maple glen pa
“What a perfect place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had chosen Villa I Barronci after searching on the internet. My husband and I were looking for a place we could make "home base" while we did day trips to the Tuscan region. As were were driving from Rome, I began to get a little nervous----while I had read the reviews, one never knows for sure! The villa was amazing! Cozy, welcoming, and comfortable! The staff was so friendly and helpful! In fact, Antonio arranged to have a small bite for us before we left for the Rome airport at 5:00 am ! The food was wonderful! We ate breakfast every morning (yummy) and ate two dinners which we thoroughly enjoyed! I have always dreamed of having my whole family in italy---finding some place where everyone would be comfortable and in close proximity to places of interest. I have found the place! I know I will return with our children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review! We hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming your family again in the next future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Doha, Al Jahra, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spent there 3 great nights. Staff were very well trained and helpful, service was efficient. Breakfast was good and the dinner superb. The rooms were large an comfortable. Due to lack of time we did not experience the surrounds or bike tours, however I would do if I had more time. Two things I would improve are the wifi coverage (not working everywhere in the building, even in the room) and the mattress (too soft). But these small issues did not affect the overall positive experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review and for your useful suggestions.
All our best,

Yambol, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice hosts, warm meeting! Cosy, refined with italian fineness and sence of home comfort! Thats what we felt in Vila I Barronci! Bulgarian vines are very good, but the italians are beter because they are different!
Любезни домакини, топло посрещане! Уютно, изискано с италиански финес и усещане за домашен комфорт! Това усетихме във Vila I Barronci!
Rumen and Marusya Rusevi, Yambol, Bulgaria

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your lovely Bulgarian review!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at Villa I Barronci while planning a wedding for next year in a neighbouring hotel. We wanted to ensure we had some great options for guests who couldn't fit in at our venue. The hotel is situated perfectly on the brow of a hill and the views from the pool and terrace area are perfect for taking in the Tuscan scenery with a lovely glass of the local wine (a massive selection is available from the hotel bar and wine shop). The room was authentic if not a little basic (you'll go a long way to find a ironing board in an Italian hotel) but we did get an excellent rate for our stay which certainly represented value for money. The food in the restaurant is by no means cheap but it is of excellent quality, if you want to treat your other half and you've got a little spare in the wallet, i would very much recommend booking a table for the evening. Overall, a really pleasant stay and we'll be happy to return and advise our guests to stay next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review! We are glad you enjoyed the "quality" of Villa I Barronci!

Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Spectacular views, excellent service, nice size family room with good beds that could be divided with a curtain in a classy way, breakfast had a range of options for our family with dinner on the sun porch. We enjoyed a family bike ride through the orchard in the evening. The following day was a 30 minute drive to Firenze for a day of history and tourism, before returning. On the way home we checked out the local COOP store for wines, cheeses, and fruits the locals buy. Expecations were high and were exceeded. We will be back.

There was a spa but no hot tub, as the only drawback.

Room Tip: Room 32 was great for a couple with two young kids.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you very much!

Hope to see you soon!

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were very happy with our choice to book and stay at Villa I Barronci in San Casciano. It surpassed our expectations with it's decor, style, views and service. Sitting out on the terrace enjoying a yummy brekky overlooking the beautiful tuscan valley was surreal and enjoyable. Dinner was superb and the service was great. Our room was classy and clean. Very comfy bed, though we are used to a queen size, so the double was tight.

Room Tip: We had an A2-Double Economy room on the 2nd floor, with a nice view out over the courtyard entrance...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice words about Villa I Barronci. We are glad you enjoyed also our Economy room.
All our best,

Wemmel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very nice and charmant place.Reception and service wes very friendly and efficate.
Outside terrace for drinking or eating with marvellous view on the pool and on the hills of Toscane.
The meals are very good, the choice not much extended.
We recommand surely a stay in Villa I Barronci.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to welcome you again in the next future!

Front Office Manager

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!