“Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Via Sorripa 10 | Loc. San Martino, 50020 San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Italy   |
Singapore, Singapore
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here to break up our trip between Milan, Genoa and Florence. The contrast between the Villa life and the city life was very welcome after all of the hustle and bustle.
The food, rooms and service were all better than expected. You really do need to hire a car if you're going to stay there as it is rather isolated from public transport. It is a 40 min drive to Siena from there and about the same to Florence, so it is conveniently located for day trips as well as to relax by the pool.
Our only problem was there was no wifi access, which made things a little difficult- apart from that, Villa Barronci is well worth a visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the calm of the villa, yet being near to Florence and the most important Chianti art towns.
Regarding WIFI you know that it was technician problem, yesterday we finally got back the connection!
Hoping to welcome you again, all our best!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Mokena, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We truly loved this place! The room was lovely. The wi fi was a little iffy, but after all, we were on vacation in Italy! The dining service was good, and the food delicious. It was very hot while we were there, so the pool was very inviting. All in all, a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your flattering review!
Hoping to welcome you again in the next future, all our best!

Front Office Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We chose this city and hotel as a convenient based to explore northern Tuscany by car. They are close to the highway and have ample free parking. Front desk personnel are very friendly and ready to provide directions and recommendations. They have a variety of rooms, ranging from very modern to more traditional. Bathrooms are renovated and everything is clean. We both had a great night's sleep on each of our four nights. Breakfast buffet offers a large selection of assorted pastries, salmon, salami, cheese, cereal, hot eggs, and bread. It is served at their on-premise restaurant, which offers fine dining with a generous selection of wines. The views of Tuscany from the hotel are amazing.

We recommend this hotel as a base to explore Florence, Pisa, and the Chianti region. Much cheaper than staying in Florence and much more scenic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your review about your stay in May!
We are glad for your nice words about our Villa, our personnel, our restaurant and that our central position favored your trips along Tuscany.

Ready to welcome you again!
Regards

Front desk Manager
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed here on two separate trips to picture-esque Tuscany, in summer of 2007 and spring 2013, and have fallen more and more in love with it each time. The views are the most beautiful I've ever seen, from the pool and terrace, and from the rooms overlooking the valley. Its set up for everything you need on a trip to the area, and the staff are more than happy to make your stay a dream come true. The food is amazing, don't even get me started on the foccacia bread at the breakfast buffet, or the dinner menu with delicious pasta, and that florentine steak! I had a chance to check out the new spa/sauna on my most recent trip and it was so relaxing, like a private, quiet getaway with more beautiful view of olive groves. I love everything about Villa I Barronci and will definitely be back for another visit in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for being back here, and thank you for your nice review about our Villa, our restaurant, and our little SPA.

We can't wait to welcome you again!
Our warmest greetings.

andrea
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the amazing images I saw on websites. Yes the pool area and the restaurant has a stunning panorama of the tuscan hillsides. Actually this vista was just dreamy. But unfortunately I cannot say the same for the Suite that I stayed in. I had a higher expectation that the room would be more romantic and roomy. But in fact the suite which I paid 330 Euro a night was not what I expected. The bunk beds and the queen size bed were adjacent, leaving no room for any living space as I expected. It was summer and the aircond was required at night, but ours was not cooling very well. I woke at 3am and walked across the pathway to the reception to ask for a fan. The next day the aircond could still not be repaired as the technician needed 48hrs notice. The actual owner of the property came to see our aircond, and suggested that we had left the curtain in front of the floor unit, or perhaps put our suitcases in front of it to stop the airflow. The next night we were all dripping in sweat, and the fan was loud and kept us all awake. I think this property is beautiful, but not worth 330 euro a night. Look elsewhere I think there are plenty of other places around.

By the way, the hotel gave us a flyer on our departure asking us to give a high rating for this property on Trip Advisor and they would give us 10% off our accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, Direttore at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry to hear from you this bad experience.

I would like to inform you that the room we had, which can accommodate up to 4 people normally are very popular and many tourists love them!
I'm very surprised to know that someone gave you a flyer to give a high rating for our property on TripAdvisor for a 10% discount off our accommodation; this isn't our way to work.
I would be really grateful if you would be so kind to report me who was , maybe in private (f.mancini@ibarronci.com) , to take the necessary measures.
hoping to have you as our guest again,
Greetings
Filippo Mancini - CEO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Exceptionally friendly staff. Quite large and tastefull rooms. Green and well taken cared of surroundings. Spacious parking. Breakfast - better than others (although Itally has a lot to improve regarding breakfasts). Gourmet restaurant with excellent food. Expensive. Good atmosphere. Would be just perfect if prices were lower.If money is not an issue - stay there.

• Stayed May 2013
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review.
We hope to welcome you again in the next future.
All our best,

Front desk manager
Ben Lomond, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I couldn't believe how beautiful this Villa looked online...expensive, but a great place to celebrate with my family a couple of days in Italy. Not an easy place to find even with a GPS, but once you get there the views are incredible. We booked a triple room which looked perfect for our family needs. Once we finally arrived the receptionist was very nice and gave us the keys to our room, room 18. Know if you get this room you're getting nothing that remotely resembles what they advertise. It is a room much like a prison cell, a small window that does not open with a dark shutter in front of it... no view at all. The bed, although clean, looks like it came from Grandma's attic with a cot against the wall. It was the single most disappointment of our entire trip. My advise is make sure you don't get the dungeon room... room 18. Terrible. They don't show it online, but it's there and you don't want it!

Room Tip: Not 18 !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
villaibarronci, Receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are deeply sorry to hear from you these words.
Even if room 18 is a very nice room, other guest said, we understand that you didn't like it but we don't know why you didn't told us about it. We really care about all of our guest and we could help you to find a better solution for your stay.
Our villa is very ancient (XII century) and all rooms are different (different size, different furnishings .
Room 18 is a fairly large room (24 sqm), furnished with antiques and value, with a parquet floor and a garden view. The size of all the windows of the villa are all the same!
We hope to be able to welcoming you again for let us give you your best holiday in Tuscany.
Greetings,
Chimera Petrognani

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!