I might be going against many reviewers opinion, however I personally believe that the Villa Il Poggiale is nicer in Summer than in Winter. Rooms are nice, high ceilings but normally furnished. Same for the bathrooms. The Spa is extremely basic even though the sauna units are new. If the sauna unit is turned off (happens often), it takes more than an hour for it to warm-up again. The bubblebath is extremely small, can hardly take 2 persons.
Breakfast is basic, options are limited. No fresh juice.
Nice classical music was played on new Year's day however the brunch started late, was organised in a haste, and again food proposal was limited.
The director at reception was however very courteous. She helped understanding the area, the nice towns to visit, do's and don'ts. She has been extremely helpful!
I was however expecting much more from the place, having read the reviews and seeing the price for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany