Upon arriving at this villa/hotel you will be struck by its beautiful views, grounds and the wonderful building itself, you might even think "this would be the perfect place for a wedding", you are not alone and therein lies a potential problem. This is a popular wedding venue. After careful consideration and researching lots of hotels in the area we chose to book 5 nights at Villa il Poggiale as part of our honeymoon in Italy. We received speedy confirmation from the hotel and thought no more of it until the hotel contacted us 3 and a half months before our stay to say that there was a wedding taking place at the villa, the wedding party had increased in size and was exclusive use so that we were no longer able to stay there for the final 3 nights of our booking (an isolated incident or normal hotel practice, we have no idea, make up your own mind). The hotel management was very apologetic and offered us a free upgrade to a junior suite for 2 nights and then alternative accommodation at Villa Talente near by. Given that this occurred in relatively short notice for the Tuscan countryside in high season we didn't have much alternative. The hotel itself is very nice, it ticks almost every dream Tuscan country villa box and so leaving it after only two nights was disappointing. We spoke to another couple while there who had arrived the previous weekend, also on honeymoon, when they arrived there was also a wedding on (which they didn't know about in advance) and it was suggested that they take a day trip that day as the swimming pool etc would be out of action. So why the 4*? Hotel staff were very friendly, especially Lisa and Manchello (sorry if I spelt that wrong!) who were absolutely fantastic during our cooking course and dinner, as already mentioned the grounds, views, room and hotel itself are stunning so it would be incorrect to give it any less than 4*. If you do decide to book here just make sure you check with them first if a wedding is planned for your stay and make it clear that you would like to be informed if a wedding subsequently books into the hotel after you have made your reservation. Maybe keep in mind a plan B!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany