We spent five days here and found it to be delightful. The people at the front desk are pleasant, friendly and helpful, although they might lack a bit on the organizational side. This is to say that things tended to run on an Italian schedule based upon which every need, although cheerfully attended to, takes three times as long as it might. The hotel grounds and views are as "Chianti" as it gets; absolutely gorgeous. our room was very large and furnished like a manor house with a canopied bed and antique furniture; absolutely perfect, although a full length mirror somewhere in the room would have been appreciated. Our room was on a lower level with a view of the inner courtyard and was very dark. When we mentioned this, the hotel immediately offered us another room, any one that we wanted based upon availability, at the same price.That was very much appreciated but, ultimately, the room was so lovely that we decided not to change. The breakfasts were bountiful ( ask for an omlette with onions and the incredible tomatoes that abound in this area) and there is a choice of interior or garden seating. The public rooms seem to be everywhere and the hotel is more like a castle than a hotel, with a distinctly renaissance feeling. The price was reasonable, the location convenient to Florence and the rest of the area, and the overall experience a highlight of our trip to Italy. We highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany