My husband and I stayed at Villa il Poggiale for two nights two years ago and liked it so much that we said we would return, which we did last week with our two children, aged 5 and 6. And this time we stayed for a week. The Villa is just as lovely as we remembered it: set in the beautiful Tuscan hills it has the perfect balance of feeling that you are somewhere very special but relaxed and not at all stuffy. The staff are warm, welcoming and so helpful. We stayed in the apartment, La Fonte, which has it's own kitchen and sitting room. This was a perfect space for us and the children and meant that we could prepare our own breakfast and lunch and then go out for dinner in the evening. Villa il Poggiale is perfectly situated for exploring the region and close enough to Florence that we could go there just for dinner when it was too hot to be there during the day.
I would happily recommend Villa il Poggiale to my friends, whatever their age, with or without children. It is a place for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany