We had firstly visited Villa il Poggiale during a two week visit to Italy for my wifes 60th birthday in 2010 when we stayed for a week between 4 days in Venice and 3 in Rome. We had a wonderful time in a fabulous Junior Suite and with the use of a hire car arranged with Hertz in Florence explored the Region. We had thought that we would eat out more than we did but this was due to wonderful and varied evening meal buffet laid on at by Villa il Poggiale.
In all it exceeded our expectation
This time we were accompanied by our Son our Daughter in Law and our two year old granddaughter. They were amazed likewise by the villa and location but had been a little nervous on arrival re them having a young child. The staff however where suberb and would prepare a special simple meal for Sophie at 7pm if required. However after the first day she accompanied us to the meal and a high chair was provided. The pool facility also was usuable as a very shallow end on entry.
All in all just as good as before with the staff seeing to your every wish as soon as asked was done. Food excellant and varied, breakfast set you up for the day.
One suggestion however a hire car is cheaper than hiring taxis should you need to venture out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotel.de and Venere so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany