We stayed here for four nights in a junior suite and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The hotel - a wonderful villa, converted to a hotel with a light touch, so it has a really authentic feel. Wonderful art, furniture and lighting in some very grand rooms. Situated in beautiful grounds with simply stunning views across a valley. The honesty bar is a nice touch, with chianti by the glass and home-made snacks on offer. There is a great terrace to sit at and watch the sunset with a bicchiero or two. Breakfast was good, with a range of home-baked breads with jams, juice, cakes, cheese and ham on offer. My four-year-old said 'this is the best breakfast EVER.' We didn't try the evening buffet - other guests had commented that 30 Euro each was steep and the food good rather than amazing.
The pool is great, with lovely views, plenty of shade on offer and enough seating. Child-friendly. The service was friendly and welcoming - we were given a bottle of chilled Prosecco on arrival which was tough to endure obviously, and all our requests were dealt with promptly. Our bedding was not changed until we requested it though, which was odd in an expensive villa (we paid Euro 260 per night).
Our room was beautiful, with antique furniture and a real sense of history, facing the courtyard so no view but cool. A/C, fridge and flat panel TV. It did smell musty though and the bathroom was pretty tired and in need of a facelift. Other guests seemed very happy with their rooms though - perhaps the upper floors are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany