We stayed in this hotel only for one night. We had a long way from Umbria to Milan, that is why we needed to have a rest somewhere in the middle of our way.
I chose this hotel because it had not bad TripAdvisor raiting. We had honeymoon and it was very important for me to find good hotel with a big suite, but not so expensive.
When you come in this hotel you will be impressed by interiors in old classical style. This villa more than 600 years old.
Staff is really friendly. We were met by the manager of the hotel who showed us the hotel. Also I was pleasantly surprised by 'Honestly bar' with self-service in the reception of the hotel. You can take what you want and you just have to fill the form and leave it there.
We lived in the suite 11. It was quite big and clean. Very nice that the designers are not saved on the hotel interior. All the furniture in the one style and you can see that it is quite expensive.
We liked pool very much. It is big enough and very clean.
There are two things which I did not like:
1) Restaurant. There is a buffet on the dinner (different every day).Unfortunately, the food was not tasty, I think for Italian hotel it is a big omission. If I live in this hotel more than one day I think it would be a big problem for me. But the hotel is not far from the town and you can have dinner there.
2) Smell in the hotel. The hotel smells strongly kitchen and not very pleasant perfume sticks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany