What an exceptional place. We arrived a day too early by mistake and unfortunately they were fully booked, as i would have been all to happy to spend an extra day there. The staff took great care of us, telling us to relax with a glass of Proseco and they would take care of finding us a room elsewhere for the night. She found us a room at the Relais La Suvera. We came back the next day and were once again greeted with Proseco by the fire place as it was a rainy day. We had a garden room - absolutely lovely with a fire place and big bathroom. The patio doors opened to a courtyard with a fountain and orange trees. Once the rain stopped we took a walk around their grounds. Beautiful. The gardens were never ending well thought out and well kept. They had a vegetable garden, huge pond, fruit garden even an in ground trampoline. Even though the weather was cooler than usual we still ate outside with a lovely view of the Tuscan countryside.They offered a blanket and heater. Staff went out of their way for you. My husband loves the dessert Zabaione which no one seems to make as its time consuming, well he had one made for him here and it was delicious. After dinner we went to the bar house, what a lovely place. Entering our room one evening i was chilled so at 11.30pm they came to make us a fire in the room. What service. I would definitely recommend this place and i hopefully will make it back some day. Thanks for a great time and looking after us
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the Tuscan hillside not far from the cultural centres of Florence and Siena, we have lovingly restored Borgo Santo Pietro, a thirteenth century villa and its 13 acres of enchanting gardens, with a vision to create a bespoke, luxury private retreat. A resting place for pilgrims en route to Rome 800 years ago, this ancient site continues to provide sanctuary to our guests today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Escapio and Odigeo so you can book your Borgo Santo Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Santo Pietro Hotel Chiusdino
- Borgo Santo Pietro Italy/Chiusdino