I've stayed at two Relais properties -- one in Umbria and the Borgo San Felice in Tuscany. What makes San Felice unique is that an ancient town has been transformed into a resort with buidings that offer hotel rooms, a bar, dining room, wine bodega, spa, pool and even a chapel. And like any good Italian town, this one is positioned at the top of a hillside which offers incredible views across the countryside.
This is an isolated spot so a car is a requirement and depending on your travel style probably only a short stay is more than enough -- to be able to say you stayed in such a place.
While we were there it was filled with Italian, European and American couples and families on holiday. The restaurant menu is limited but the host was always accomodating and would prepare whatever we asked. Probably one night at this restaurant will suffice, a night in Siena and a night in another small town.
Our room had a living area and separate bedroom -- a junior suite as I recall. The furnishings are typical Tuscan -- simple yet elegant. Loved the cermaic tiles of the bathroom -- very tasteful. We really lucked out and were able to enjoy windows wide open and cool, country fresh air throughout our stay so I can't speak to the a/c.
Oh and the wines they produce under the San Felice label are quite good. We'd buy a couple bottles, pick up snacks in town and watch the sun set from our living room.
A luxurious Tuscan experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Felice is a medieval hamlet with rural architecture typical for the Chianti, nestling amidst vineyards and olive groves that cover the hills sloping gently towards the picturesque city of Siena. Today San Felice is a five star hotel, part of the prestigious international chain Relais & Chateaux. Situated in the heart of Tuscany in Chianti Classico, San Felice is only ½ hour driving distance to reach the art centres as Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Borgo San Felice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Felice Hotel
- Hotel Borgo San Felice Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena