“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   loc. San Felice, 53019 Castelnuovo Berardenga, Italy   |
Canton of Jura, Switzerland
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in a beautifully restored 16th century convent to explore Tuscany but completely forgot to actually get some shopping done in Firenze so we ended up in Borgo San Felice because no other Grand Hotel allowed our 40+ kg wolfdog in.

I would give the hotel 5 stars solely based on the fact that they did not make a fuss.

Not much I can add to what has already been established, Great romantic location away from all the city noise and yet still close enough to do whatever you fancy in a relaxed manner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntington Woods, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First of all, my entire family had a wonderful stay at this hotel. My family of 4 stayed for 5 nights in two connecting rooms. The pool was nice, the views were spectacular and the food and wine were everything we were looking for. Unfortunately, one issue has marred our experience forever. In one of the brochures the hotel provides you at check in, they reference luxury car rentals. My son and I are car fanatics and have always dreamed of driving a Ferrari. The concierge secured us a 1 day rental of a beautiful yellow Ferrari 458 Spider, from a company called Florence Luxury Car, which is run by Daniele Fossi. As is apparently customary for these types of arrangements, I had to provide a credit card authorization for a deposit in case anything was damaged during the rental period. Unfortunately, the rental company decided to steal my 10,000 Euro deposit! I have tried for 4 months to get the company to return my deposit, using the help of a local law firm in Italy, but have been unsuccessful so far. I am now in the process of filing criminal charges against the rental company to try to recover my deposit, but I will incur legal costs in the process. While the hotel initially tried to help recoup my money by calling the rental company, they gave up after their first few inquiries. I am disappointed that the hotel did not stand behind their referral and have never offered to share the expense. With the benefit of hindsight I wish I would have done my own due diligence on the rental company ahead of time, but when you pay a premium at a top hotel and they offer this service on a regular basis, you would certainly not expect trouble. I intend to continue pursuing recovery of my stolen deposit regardless of how long it takes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Achille D, Direttore at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding the recent stay at San Felice.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed it.

Regarding your experience with the Ferrari car rental, I need to clarify that our concierge department is available to suggest to our value guests external companies able to provide different services with no mark up.
These companies are selected evaluating the past experiences we already had with, together with the feedback received from our clients. We already had the chance to suggest this company to other guests and never had any kind of issues.

As soon we were been informed about your problem, we have immediately asked for a copy of your contract signed from you to the representative of Florence Luxury Cars and the damaged file where it was clearly showed that you have assumed a damage to the electric convertible top system.
At this stage, in reason of your agreement in accepting the damage for this Ferrari 458 Spyder at the time of the drop-off, we had no way to plead with them for you. Moreover, we have been in touch with our lawyer office and they confirm us that the Hotel cannot assume involvement on this matter, as the business deal was made directly from you and Florence Luxury Cars.
Having said so, we all remain at your complete disposal and happy to assist you in solving this issue.

I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Borgo San Felice is a dream place!
When you arrive here you know that this is one of the most beautiful places you've ever been in your entire life... but this is not only... the reason why being here is so fantastic is San Felice's staff.
Everyone here is so passionate, careful, makes you feel as well as it's possible... Their work is fulfilling our dreams, they know it, they do it with magesty, and its so special...
I have no words to thank you all!
For the best three days of our lives... impossible to describe...
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, your comment will further motivate every one of us to continue working towards maintaining and improving the high standards we set out in offering our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

This beautiful little hotel and winery was our base for 6 days while we toured Tuscany. Breakfast on the veranda in the mornings overlooking the mountains was spectacular. First class all the way! The concierge was very helpful in funding us local restaurants, a cooking school, and info on the international chocolate fair in Perugia so we could really enjoy our trip.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your "Tuscan hideaway!".

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

We stayed there for my Bday and we booked dinner at the gourmet restaurant. The place is incredible. really beautiful - all the hotel grounds, the view, the cellars - this was an ancient village. Inccredible. The dinner really disappointed and it was incredibly expensive. the food was really bad and weird. We left half of our plates... Too bad! But overall a really nice place. Maybe the experience in the more casual restaurant would have been much better with regular traditional Italian food.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry the restaurant experience did not meet your expectations.
Every comment is always highly valued to learn and improve our service.

Kind regards
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I absolutely loved this gorgeous place, it is truly heaven on earth. Everything was complete perfection from the onset of our arrival to the point of us sadly, having to move on. The lovely staff gave us a complimentary upgrade since it was our honeymoon and our room was gorgeous and overlooked the square. It is truly a Tuscan treat there, from the decor, the food, the wine to the breathtaking sunsets. The most peaceful place we encountered while in Italy. Our stay was quiet with romantic walks through the vineyard, while drinking the delicious wine they make onsite. I would recommend the vineyard and wine tour, both restaurants were truly delicious either one you choose you will be happy with. Breakfast was the best here out of the 6 locations we stayed in Italy. The grounds are truly something I will never forget, a view in every direction. They really keep the place picturesque, like a scene from a movie. Everyone was just so welcoming and friendly. I was a bit chilly in the evenings there and my husband mentioned it in passing and that evening one of the staff members brought me a space heater. Over the top service every day. We loved the amazing wine so much that we shipped a few bottles home. I cannot say enough how much we loved it here! If we ever make it back to Italy we will most certainly stay here again! I now understand the meaning of Under the Tuscan Sun.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your honeymoon experience on Trip Advisor and for considering our place "heaven on earth!".
I will proudly share your words with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Enjoy your wine home!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

We did a gorgeous driving trip around Toscana and made base at Borgo San Felice. The hotel is amazing, it's history, the scenery, the rooms. This hotel used to be a real town that was deserted by its inhabitants and remade into this wonderful hotel.
The food at the Taverna restaurant is ok, expensive I felt for the type of food. By all means skip the Poggio Rosso, the signature restaurant. The food is NOT good and the price is sky high. Not worth at all.
It was a perfect hotel for us to make base for our day trips to all the medieval towns and spectacularly beautiful Siena. I'm not sure though if I would go specially to stay in the hotel if I wasn't on a driving trip.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Achille Di Carlo

Been to Hotel Borgo San Felice? Share your experiences!