I was looking for a place to stay during the Palio last July and came upon Monaciano. (The Palio horse race was amazing.) Not only did Monaciano turn out to be a better deal than staying in Siena, it was an amazing experience in itself. (Under 10 minute drive to the heart of Siena) I had planned on staying for 4 days and ended up spending my entire vacation there. The scenery is quite stunning you find yourself saying ‘can this really be real.’ Nice walks in the morning around the estate and afternoons by the pool, what a life. The main villa itself is probably the best kept secret about this estate. (If I understood correctly it is about a century and a half old.) The gardens of the villa include a number of fountains, an aviary, a garden with a couple hundred lemon trees, and outdoor playhouse (they evidently have small productions in the summer months). I have since sent a number of friends and relatives. Check out the last minute specials (where I found the best rate.) Their wine is also top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ancient farmhouses of Monaciano are situated in Tuscany on a sequence of hilltops with a commanding view of the Chianti countryside and Siena towers. Five farmhouses have been restored into farm holiday accommodations to welcome guests in every season. Monaciano has 21 apartments with 35 bedrooms for a total of 75 beds. The proprietor's villa and a romantic garden are available for weddings and events. Large groups and families are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Tenuta di Monaciano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenuta Di Monaciano Hotel
- Tenuta Di Monaciano Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena