My wife and I were looking to spend a few days in Tuscany away from the big cities. Our travel agent, Kathi Sheridan found us this great hotel (Leading Hotels Group). It used to be a monastery and thus is a combination of many buildings. It also houses a large spa and a pool. However, we like touring the small towns and mountain top villages so we just stayed here for its location. Once again we were upgraded(triple) to a huge suite near the restaurant. The view was not good but then again, our room was spectacular; clearly the largest on our trip. Their restaurant, La Canta was good but pricey. The morning buffet breakfast was included and was quite good with a wide selection of hot and cold foods. The service at the hotel was superior and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The manager was always nearby and looking to help out or answer questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia and Priceline so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena