This is a resort hotel, far and away from it all. It has a conference facility, and that was the reason for being there. I got a very decent rate through the Hilton website, well lower than that offered by the conference company. I arrived to the train staion just before midnight, and retrospectively, the best way to make the 20 minutes’ drive is to arrange transportation through the hotel who can arrange a taxi to pick you. I just got a cab from the train station, and paid little over 50 euros instead of a regular 30! Not sure if that was an inflated meter by taking a longer way, or that was a midnight overcharge.
Staff are always helpful and welcoming whether in reception area or restaurant. I was told upon check-in that the electronic key system is out of order, and given a metal key for the room. Who cares. A minor problem was a malfunction of the air conditioning system in the first night, and had o open the balcony window, getting little chilly before morning. Luckily enough, it was fixed the following morning, but without being to control it from the room. Would call the reception to ask for 2 degrees warmer or colder, and that was answered immediately, not even a nuisance. View from the room was nothing short of serene
Breakfast is in a fantastic setting with a view of the surrounding gardens, not much variety but excellent quality. Your preferred coffee to be especially prepared for you when you decide. Room is really spacious, and nothing small. It is as advertised in the website pictures, well suited for a family with small children with the sofa bed available. House-keeping always neat.
There is a free shuttle bus to the city of Lecce which leaves at 3 times a day, but the first return is really late in the afternoon at 4:30, and had to come back by taxi. Tried the smaller pool and was good, and the bigger pool should be as good or better. It was a pity not to try the spa or gold course because of limited time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An expanse of olive trees and Mediterranean maquis surrounds the elegant Doubletree by Hilton Acaya Golf Resort, a prestigious, modern resort that embraces the architectural traditions of the region, reminiscent of ancient monasteries within a charming Mediterranean setting. Taste and elegance, attention to detail, comfort and numerous recreational activities satisfy and surprise even the most demanding of guests. From the suites to the rooms, from the restaurant to the lounge areas, from the elegant SPA to the well-equipped meeting and conference rooms, every detail is designed to offer maximum comfort in a quietly elegant environment for moments of real peace and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Acaya Golf Resort-Lecce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Acaya Golf Resort-Lecce Hotel Vernole
- Acaya Hotel Vernole
- DoubleTree By Hilton Acaya Golf Resort-Lecce Italy/Province Of Lecce - Vernole