“Delightful evening.....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Northeast US
“Delightful evening.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were a large group, and received warmly. The food, suggsted by a pleasant waiter, was very good. The room has charm, and the service attentive and prompt. A nice evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

london
“Lovely location great food but a bit over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited this ristorante with friends and we found the staff a bit snobby and the prices were exaggerated for the amount of food served but I will say the quality was very good as was the location

Visited September 2012
“expensive restaurant with not fresh food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The restaurant is hard to find. Nice place, but ultimately too expensive. Slow service, took 40 minutes to serve. The food is good, but not the best. The fish wasn't fresh and the wine was too expensive. The waiter often spoke in dialect. Galatina definitely offers higher-class restaurants. Not recommended.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
london
“Enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I feel after the previous review I should, at least, add a balancing opinion! We visited this restaurant twice during our stay in Galatina. The setting, in a stone courtyard, is beautiful and it being the height of summer we sat outside both times. There is a written menu (not always the case in Galatina restaurants!) with a good balance of meat and fish dishes. The food and wine were both good and we found the service friendly and helpful. We (sadly) don’t speak much Italian but on both occasions the waiting staff tried their best to help us, explain the dishes etc. On the second occasion the wine we wanted was not available but the waitress pointed out 3 other alternatives on the wine menu, with the prices clearly marked. A meal for 3 with starters, main course, wine, water and then a coffee, a pudding and a liquor (one of each) came to 99 euros.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brugge
“Dishonest waitress - to AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We dined here in July on a tour trough Puglia.

Based on the reviews of tripadvisor we dined here. I am however unpeasantly surprised.

The location is nice, the food ok, but the sevice is below 0.

I speak quite some Italian, I study it for 3 years now, so I understand most of the things and I can quite good ask for what I need, we are also regular visitors of Italy.

I asked the waitress to split up a primo and than to eat each our secondo. We also ordered a bottle of wine (12€)

She said, ok, no problem. She however answered deliberately in a local difficult to understand dialect. (I think you do not do such a thing. We already do an effort to try to speak her language, I cannot learn all Italian dialects, can I?)

She came back and said that she was out of the wine I choose (ok, can happen), and she proposed another bottle. I agreed (but she did not mention that that bottle would cost 19€!!).
Further she came to our table and put down 4 plates. We doubted it, but we guessed that that would be the primi.

WRONG

She brought our 4 antipasta plates however we never mentioned anything about that!!!

Our primi followed (as we asked on 2 plates)

And the secondi were also ok.

The bill wasn't. We payed with 4 people 140 euro, including the not asked antipasta and the too expensive wine. I tried to discuss it, but their dialect became even more difficult to understand with every word.

I got tired of it and paid.

PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE, THEY ARE CROOKS...

• Visited July 2011