We have just got back to Swansea from the Gerakina beach hotel after having the most wonderful time. Before we set off we undoubtedly checked on Trip advisor and we were worried to say the least, on arriving at the hotel after 26 hours travelling we thought our fears were true stepping off the bus.
Then... walking through the gates it all changed, we had a lovely and warm welcome, was shown to our bungalow room by the bell-boy who took care of our bags and when we lifted the shutters, looked out the window the beach was a stone throw away. do not get me wrong, the room is basic but completely adequate with air con and T.V.
We booked all inclusive and took advantage of this, the drinks and food was fantastic with a menu to suit everyone, the days meals were never the same twice and you can’t complain when a waiter is serving your drinks for you. the water is crystal clear for snorkelling and the hotel inside pool is dead at 5pm, we were the only people in there. The mattresses are hard but you can deal with that and you get clean linen and towels daily (if you put them in the bath before you set out for the day)
Generally we only met one or two English speaking families and found the majority of guests were very rude... so much so that when you say thank you to a waiter or tell the shop girls to have a nice day they stumble back in shock that you are polite, but they remember you.
All of the staff were lovely and in all we are sad to be back home, I have uploaded some photos of our stay for you too see.
A FEW TIPS!
- Do not rely on Greek busses, they are infrequent and late, I would hire a car or pay for taxi next time.
- Do not pay for water in the market, order with your meal and take it back to your room (only if you are all inclusive)
- Bring your own books and mags, 4.90 euro for a £2 mag
- Nearest cash point is a 2.20 euro bus ride away in Nea Moundania, but having said that it is a beautiful town and worth a visit.
- Cigarettes are only 3 euros for 20.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Gerakina Beach - Sithonia Village Hotel & Bungalows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerakina Beach - Sithonia Village Hotel And Bungalows Resort
- Gerakina Beach - Sithonia Village Hotel & Bungalows Gerakini
- Gerakina Beach - Sithonia Village Hotel & Bungalows Resort Gerakini, Halkidiki, Greece