We have just got home from a weeks holiday at the Kefalonia Garden Village, and were pleasantly surprised! We had read both good and bad reviews so were arriving with an open mind.. We hadn't paid a massive price for the holiday, so didn't really expect the hotel to be a top 4 star hotel, which it isn't. but definitely good value for money...What it is is a 'new' hotel where the staff are friendly and open to suggestions, where within the week we were there we saw positive changes being made.
On a positive note the hotel is set in an absolutely stunning location, views are beautiful, hotel is clean, rooms basic but spacious with good air conditioning, food freshly cooked, yummy Greek salads and tzatziki , good mix of nationalities of guests, staff are friendly and helpful ( especially the bar maid and life guard in the activity/slide pool at the top of the steep hill!!- worth the walk each day), they speak good English, small beach is pretty and overlooked by the pool, hotel felt safe, kids were happy to wander around, go to games room etc, there wasn't any problem with sunbeds, there was always room ! towels can be hired for the pool and could be replaced whenever you wanted.
Yes there are some apartments which need renovating still, but these were at the top of the hotel so not really a problem, the soft drinks and coffee weren't very nice, quite watered down although this did start to get better over the week ( slides/activity/pool bar has bottled soft drinks and lovely iced coffee), the entertainment staff try really hard but the hotel could do with getting some outside entertainment in on certain nights, not really a problem though as we tended to play cards with the kids, they were quite funny really! Some families did take the all inclusive part a bit far, with plates of untouched food being left on tables and wasted, which was a bit annoying as sometimes the food did take a while to be replenished. Also a few guests could do with being reminded to have a wash and change their clothes for dinner! if you really like a cup of tea or coffee it may be worth taking your own !!
The hotel is in quite an isolated location so if we had stayed longer we would have definitely hired a car.
We walked along a few times to Lepeda beach which is pretty with a friendly family run cafe, and free WiFi
Taxis are relatively cheap, we got a ferry from Lixori to the capital which is a good day out, we even saw turtles swimming in the sea..
We found this to be a safe, friendly good value holiday on a beautiful island. yes there are some things that need improving, but there are more positive points. We had a fun family holiday, and wished we had stayed there for two weeks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Build on a hill with view to Ionian Sea our 4-star hotel has one of the most beautiful views in the island. Next to the sea, recently built (2008) and close to famous beaches of Myrtos and Xi, we offer you a great place to relax and enjoy Greek sea, sun and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Cyprotel Kefalonia Garden Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalonia Garden Village Hotel Lixouri
- Kefalonia Garden Village Lixouri
- Cyprotel Kefalonia Garden Village Cephalonia/Lixouri