“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Lixouri
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Summery is a well run family business in a very good location within easy walking distance of the town centre.

The hotel property is basic but clean and comfortable and in keeping with the rest of Lixouri which is traditional working town.

Breakfast is a decent continental style and there is a good choice of restauarants for evening meals in and around the town. We preferred Avli and Maxim but we found that most cafes served good traditional Greek food.

Room Tip: Ask for sea/pool view

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Swanley Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from an idyllic 2 weeks at this wonderful hotel. I booked this holiday in January and 1 day after I made the booking, I sent an e-mail to the hotel asking if they could arrange for my wife and I to renew our wedding vows at the hotel. I had a very prompt reply from Titika saying her and her sister Yana would be only to pleased to help. I then explained that this was to be a surprise for my wife Lois and was told, 'no problem tell us what you need and we will arrange it all for you'. I being a mere male had no idea what to ask for so went back to Titika explaining the situation. Titika could not have been more accommodating, she sent me a list of what we might like and asked me if I could let her know which if any of these items we would be interested in, and if I had any ideas she had not listed. Needless to say, I had nothing to add, such are her organisational skills. I responded and requested just about everything on the list and asked for a breakdown of the costs. Once again within a day I had the figures and was very pleased with them.

I then over the next few months sent an average of 2 e-mails a week with slight alterations here and there (including the number of years we had been married!) and again was so impressed with her as she was able to get every thing I requested.

On the day of our arrival, we were made to feel very welcome with a free drink from the well stacked bar. We went to our room and were very pleased with the sea view I had requested, but it doesn't end there, on the opposite bank of the sea majestic mountains gave the most perfect backdrop.

All of the facilities were very good the pool especially welcoming. The town of Lixouri is small but has everything you could possibly want, with 3 chemists, several very good quality restaurants and a couple of cheap gyro bars for the nights you just fancied a kebab for 2 Euros!!

We exchanged our wedding vows on Friday 24th June of June at 8pm,after Lois had an afternoon of beauty with a cab to take her from one venue to the other, again organised by Titika. I am pleased to say Lois had no idea what was happening until she saw the priest in the beautiful garden setting. As expected by now the whole event passed off impeccably with a special word of thanks here to one of the guests Christine who agreed to act as our witness. The whole day was so so very special, I can't express it into words.

We never return to the same place twice as the world is a big place and we want to see more of it, BUT we are going to make an exception here and we are definitely going back.

Finally, I just want to mention the other guests we met, some of whom were returning for the 21st year on the trot!! Lovely people who again made us so welcome.

We are looking forward to the next time in the not so distant future.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We got here quite late on a Saturday and were welcomed by name and warmly by the owner, Yanna.

It's so hard to give this place any negative reviews but in the interests of objectivity I'll try!

I like my eggs scrambled but there none at breakfast this morning! I reckon if I wasn't so English and polite I could've asked and I would've got them, though. They truly are so helpful and accommodating here. The room is small but we've got a nice size balcony which overlooks the pool and sea; the ONE negative review pulled them on the lack of satellite TV, come guys, look out of the window!

Our hot water didn't work so we obviously mentioned it to the desk. They seemed unhappy we didn't say anything earlier (we'd been there less than 24 hours) and it was sorted in the time we had been out for dinner.

The room is small but not uncomfortable; we spent a lot of our time on the balcony or out in the town which, incidentally, is really close.

They knew we were a couple and made the single beds into one (apparently all the sea view rooms are like this) but we both slept soundly, although this could've been down to the ouzo!

The pool area is lovely but the one thing that pervades this hotel is the sense of pride that the owners have. Everywhere is so clean and well kept. You can tell it's family run; even the wider staff are warm and cheerful.

Just stay here. It's the first hotel we've ever stayed at we can fully recommend. If you aren't happy here then you should spend more money and go somewhere less personal. If there weren't so many places in the world to visit we would come here again and again...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
GeorgiannaGreece, Owner at Hotel Summery, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear friends,
thank you for your feedback and for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you as guests at the Summery and we would love to see you again if your travels bring you back to Cephalonia one day. We are always interested in suggestions about all aspects of our guests' stay, and especially about breakfast, which we are constantly trying to improve (It is after all the most important meal of the day!), so thank you for submitting your comment. We will do our best to include hot items in our breakfast buffet in the future.
Take care & Happy Travels from all the Summery team!
southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

we have just had a 7 day holiday at the summery hotel, the family run hotel was near perfect and the staff were always on hand to help in any way they could, breakfast was good also the food served during the day, excellent, the greek night was also good fun with all the family there. if there is one fault with this hotel, room 213 has a problem with the toilet flush and the shower head could be replaced, the location is ideal, go to XI beach for the day, also to see the sunset in a taxi, the hotel will arange this for you, kefalonia is a beautiful island and not spoilt by loud bars and discos, so don't go if thats what you want, then this island can keep it's charm and friendly polite people

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
Dear Friends,
thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to offer us valuable feedback of your holiday experience at the Summery. Your opinion is really important to us, so we'd like to let you know that we took action on the minor problems you reported, repairing the toilet flush and replacing the shower head in room 213, so that future guests can benefit from your objective comments. Hoping to see you again in the not to distant future. Best Regards from all the Summery team!
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Summery and though the first time was very good, this time it ticked all the boxes. The owners have updated the hotel and decorated it. The rooms are clean and the service excellent with fresh towels. We received a warm welcome when we arrived late and were invited into the bar for a welcome drink and then the hotel owners put on a welcome party for new arrivals shortly after which was a nice touch. The staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you. Would we go again, definitely.

Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

What a fantastic place to stay....... warm, friendly owners and staff, fantastic views and a clean, functional room. ( Special thanks to housekeeping, lovely ladies!) As hoteliers, we were very impressed by The Summery and will be back as soon as possible!

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Excellent Hotel

Great location if you don't want to be in busy Argostili or with the rest of the Brits in Lassi...its an easy and very lovely ferry across the bay...!!

Very convenient for bars and restaurants in Lixouri !

Staff extremely friendly and helpful, especially the front office staff...Agatha, an extremely nice lady.... on the late shift and the very nice man (unfortunately didn't get his name) on the early shift !!

Room - perfect - just as described......

Pool Area - Marvellous

Breakfast - Very Good

Cannot fault this hotel!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room if you can!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Summery? Share your experiences!