There's nothing wrong with this hotel, good sized rooms, friendly staff, stylish decor and immaculately clean. However, I was very disappointed at having to pay €10 to park my car and another €3 for an hour's WiFi.
I could have parked in any number of side roads right outside for free (and closer to the lobby), but the ticket barrier is cleverly placed so that you don't even see it until you've driven all of the way in.
WiFi should be free at a hotel like this. In fairness the management replied very promptly to me email complaining about the charge, but the excuse (along with the same one about parking) was that it's what all of the airport hotels do. (Of course, that doesn't make it OK).
That may be the case, but I fly to Munich quite often and I won't be staying here again, purely because I felt like they'd tried to squeeze as much profit as they could from me.
So this is not a bad hotel, in fact it's very good. Just be warned about the parking and take something that you can plug into the wall for free Internet usage rather than relying on WiFi.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
- Moevenpick Hotel Hallbergmoos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bavaria. The Mövenpick Hotel München-Airport offers diverse possibilities for rest and relaxation on the one hand, and the best connections to this outing and shopping paradise on the other. Whether on business or private, you will certainly be well looked after here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Occupancy Marketing, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Munchen-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.