“Disappointed, and left thirsty!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Pizza, Brasserie
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
St Davids
“Disappointed, and left thirsty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We wanted to have a beer but they wanted us to sit around the corner in the shade as they wanted the tables in the front for people eating. Understandable I suppose, as it was nearing lunchtime. I asked, seeing as we would only be 20 minutes if we could have quick beer in the sun. Non! The waitress said to the head waiter what we wanted, he quickly moved a table into the sun for us, great! We were there for 1 minute when another waiter grabbed our table and told us we were in the way! We left thirsty so we had a beer in La Licorne across the way, followed by a great fish lunch. It was fab.

Eastern Shore, Maryland
“Friendly, Very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We ate here twice... and when we came back the second night, the hostess and a waiter both recognized us and gave us the table we had the first night. This property is located at the end of the port and is the first restaurant you get to when you come down from the upper part of the town. we ate here on a Wed and a Fri nite... and both nights there were a lot of local folks having drinks and snacks... plua many french tourists eating dinner.

The first night I went for some local raw oysters, which were fresh and salty, and my wife had oysters gratinee. IF you like oysters, you'll be pleased with these.

For the entree I had an aptly named Salade Gargantua... with lettuce, tomatoes (and then it gets interesting), smoked duck breast, duck foie gras, duck gizzards (gessiers?) and toasts. I had never had duck gizzards before, but this is the way to have them. The translation was that they were crystalized, but it seemed like they were boiled, then chopped, then fried in butter with B-B-Q sauce. Maybe that's what crystaliszed means. They were wonderful as were the rest of the ingredients. My wife Salade Fjord with smoked salmon, roasted potatoes, toasts with both red and black fish roe (caviar), sour cream and chive sauce... all on top of lettuce and tomato.

My wife finished with an espresso and I had pommeau, a Breton digestive which is slightly sweet,

Our second night, I switched to the Salade Fjord and my wife had Salade St Jacques which was loaded with scallops.

This is a place for quality food (the pizzas looked great) at reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good fare, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We both had the St Jacques (scallops) "juste poele" accompanied by a green salad and a beer. All good food and good service.

• Visited October 2011