This beautiful establishment in the middle of orchards and a beautiful valley is run by mother-daughter-son team with a conscientious attitude to guests' needs. The managing team is always eager to please. We stayed here twice during our two month biking tour of Cyprus in April and May 2012.
The rooms are impeccably clean and comfortably appointed. We stayed in the two upper floor corner rooms which are normal size by European standards but additionally are equipped with a pleasant balcony overlooking the valley. Other than the beautiful singing of the birds it is very quiet here. The outside pool area and front courtyards are pleasantly designed and appointed. Internet is offered by the inn but it has erratic operation. The internet USB keys operate satisfactorily in this location.
The public areas need attention. It may be romantic to have little birds fly in and out of the alleyways and 'lobby' and dining area, but this is a serious health hazard. Although there is a concerted effort to keep areas clean, it is fundamentally impossible to keep bird excrement away from the floor, which shoes carry into the room and there is always a possibility that it may end up in food.
The supplied breakfast is very adequate particularly considering the homemade sweets of the matriarch. As to the dinner, it has an air if home cooked meals in an atmosphere becoming to the quality of the meals. They even have some respectable Cypriot wines, strongly recommended.
All in all it is a refreshing place to stay and relax or use as a base for exploration of the area. Good luck with the improvements Theodora - Christine and Dimitrios.
We strongly recommend this accommodation option as compared to the 'better' established inns or hotels of nearby Paphos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn is a small traditional and family owned Cyprus inn and exclusive wedding venue.The inn stands on a bend on the west bank of the Dhiarizos river with views up the valley to the Troodos mountains and down the valley to the sea. Hemmed in by lemon and olive groves, it is a profusion of plants of every hue, from bougainvillea to fig trees and cool, grape covered dining terraces.The rustic surroundings offer the ideal place for your holidays away from the hustle and bustle of ordinary life, you can relax under the grapevine-covered terrace or by the swimming pool enjoying the sun.Located just after the village of Nikoklia, a peaceful village with traditional Cypriot charm and an air of sleepiness that makes you feel instantly at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Vasilias Nikoklis Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vasilias Nikoklis Hotel Nikoklia
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn Cyprus/Nikoklia