“Nice resort, a bit too greedy” 3 of 5 stars

Waterman Svpetrvs Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Put Vele Luke 4, Supetar, Brac Island 21 400, Croatia   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Supetar
Oslo, Norway
“Nice resort, a bit too greedy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The overall standard of the place is good. We did not go for all-inclusive package on purpose so I can only comment on the breakfast which we thought was fairly good and varied.

The pool area was nice, a bit overcrowded few times but nothing to complain about. The in-house entertainers were always around with their idiotic "crazy games" or one or the other daft dance routine, but the place would definitely be better off without them.

Rating themselves at 4 stars, the free wifi should in my opinion be included without question. The charges for wifi were outrageous and we had no intentions of paying. Some other reviews have suggested poor reception, which I cannot confirm. But charging for wifi at a 4 star hotel is just not done anymore when any local cafe will give it free. Very, very poor decision demonstrating the intention of milking the guests for all the money possible. I'd have given "Very good" if this wasn't the case.

The island overall is beautiful. Rent a car and leave Supetar as soon as possible if you want genuine experiences. Go to Postira for a much nicer small harbour town, Bobovisca na Moru for a quaint bath and Donji Humac for some amazing food at Konoba Kopačina.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Kaktus/Salvia area which I later percieved to be the best area to stay, maybe apart...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your stay at our resort. I am glad you liked the property despite the Internet issue. Furthermore, I am sorry you did not like the entertainment team, however I do hope you got a chance to visit the adult only pool which is an entertainment free pool.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and that you will be more satisfied then now.
Paula Sekulo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights travelling together with a group of 17 other family members.

Upon arrival we were informed that there were no available rooms for us as our travel agency had failed to confirm that we would arrive a couple of days later than rest of the party and this had thus been treated as a "no show". We were told that we would have to stay with other family members in their rooms the first night and then check back with the reception after breakfast the next day. We managed to arrange this but got another shock the next day when we were handed a tiny, warn hotel room, having paid extra for a renovated apartment. While the rest of our family members was situated in one building we were placed somewhere else on the resort. This definitely ruined part of our vacation. As did all the back and forth with the staff in the reception.

Even though the matter at hand was our travel agency´s fault (which they clearly admitted the first day) we felt as the hotel did not properly handle the situation as they should have. Few of the staff spoke fluent English and we had problems explaining ourselved to them and neither of them could give us any answers without consulting the manager (who was never there). Instead of doing what they could to make us feel welcome despite the troubles they made us feel like a burden. Having been to the reception 5-6 times the first two days we had not received any information about the resort at all (whereabouts, towels, wifi etc.), we either had to ask them or find it out on our own. I have never felt so unwelcome anywhere!

Our room was as earlier mentioned tiny and warn. The walls where so thin that we could hear our neighbors pressing the buttons on the AC-remote or opening a can of soda. Once it got dark outside our hallway and balcony was filled with grasshoppers. Our family members did not see a single one where they stayed.

The wifi was even worse than the room. We got a super-slow reception at one single spot in our room and it was horrible everywhere else on the resort, except for on the beach where it actually worked ok(!). We had wifi included in our rate but this did only cover access for one equipment.

The food was nothing to write home about. Overcooked (basically everything tasted the same) and hardly no salad/vegetables etc. The line for dinner was also enormous and we were lucky if we got hold of a table right away. Even though we had all inclusive we ended up eating out several times due to the issues adressed.

The only positive thing I have to note is the resort itself. It´s in close proximity to the beach and has several different pools to choose from. There´s even a little kiosk in the resort area. There are bars and restaurants located just outside the resort area and Supetar centre is just a 5-10 min walk away.

Brač seemed like a nice island but I would recommend staying somewhere else if you want a problem free vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at our hotel.
These situations are always very unfortunate especially due to the fact they are a result of miscommunication. I am sure none of our staff members had the intention to make you feel unwelcomed because we always try to do our best to make the guest feel like home. I am very sorry you have a bad stay.
Paua Sekulo
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

..for a second time we had the most lovely holiday here. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Food was very good, with lots of choice, and our rooms were kept very clean with an everyday service. The hotel is set in the most beautiful surroundings, very calming and relaxing. Just a short walk from here is the lovely town Supetar with lots of very good restaurants and bars and views to die for. Definitely a place you'll want to go back to... 'we will'

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that you were here and even happier to hear you would like to come back. For us it is the most important thing that our guests recognize out property, and service, as a positive experience they would like to have again. Thank you for taking your time to write this review.
Wish you a pleasant day,
Stavanger
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

If I could give somewhere between 3 or 4 stars, I would give that. They do most things very well. I'm impressed by the staff, they are always smiling and friendly which, to be honest, is not always the case in Croatia. I cannot fault the room, it was large and great view of the sea. I cannot fault the location, close to Supetar center and to the sea. We did not have any meals at the hotel so cannot comment on that. They offer a wide selection of pools, activities, mini-golf, tennis, and so on. All included in the base price.

What can I fault, why not 5 stars?
At check-in it was raining really bad. As there was many tourists checking in at that time, we were told to sit down and wait until a car would take us to the room. We were soaking wet and had been traveling for 8hrs. We sat down, only to be last in line for a transport to the room, as many others lined up outside to get transport first. It ended with a friendly employee showing us the way by foot, and to be honest it was not that far to walk.

The cleanliness is not good enough. I think it would satisfies all minimum requirements you would have, but I still think they can improve in this area. Everything in the kitchen is handwashed by previous guests, which I think is below a four star hotel. Waking barefoot in the room and you get dirty under it. Not cleaned under beds and sofas etc. It's not as bad as it sounds like, but bad enough that we noticed it.

Pillows; really needs to be replaced by some new ones....! My head/neck used 2 days to get well after the first night.

And it lacks this "special" feature. Everything is average or just above. It lacks something that surprised us positively (what I normally require for it to go from 4 to 5 stars in my reviews).

Overall: just above average. We could easily stay here again in lack of better alternatives. Especially given the friendliness of the employees and the location of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guests,
Firstly, allow me to express my gratitude for the review you did.
It was very nice you took the time to write it.
As I see, you enjoyed your stay, except minor difficulties. We will surly see what happened to the housekeeping, because we pay a lot of attention to the cleanliness of the Resort.
I am sorry you felt the stay was average as we always want our guests to have a wonderful experience. I hope the next time you come we will meet all of your expectations.
Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are group of women on our early 30's. We stayed for 7 days and we had a fantastic time. The best in the hotel is definitely their staff. They are kind, very service minded and they will do everything to fullfill any of your needs. The room was clean and big enough for 3 adults. The food was very good and with enough options for all tastes.
The entertainment is targeted more for families or older people, but the location of the hotel is so perfect that the bars and clubs are just 5 minutes away.
The drinks are ok , for the young guests is a great idea to start at the hotel until 12 and then go to the city.
We will for sure consider this hotel for next summer.

A big thank you to all the staff for making this experience so special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,
For a quality control manager, this is the best way to start a morning! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Besides investing and upgrading our property, we are very service oriented and are focused on our staff training in order to provide the best possible experience to our guest. I will be more then happy to pass on your review to our staff.
I look forward in welcoming you to our resort again,
Sarajevo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Cactus Hotel I was staying with my husband, son of 20 months and friends who also have little child.Hotel Cactus is part of the complex Sveptrvs Waterman hotels that made a huge and for 7 days that we were not there to inspect everything. Throughout the complex there are several pools, some for adults, some children, indoor and sauna, fitness center and a separate spa. The pools are also clean, sunbeds are regularly cleaned, a poolside bar was excellent and the interior is always smiling and friendly waiters.We were delighted with the hotel, the staff, the comfort it offers, the food is also excellent. We used all inclusive service to the breakfast, lunch and dinner rich.
Food can satisfy the most demanding guests, I was particularly impressed that breakfast is not classic as in many hotels.The staff and waiters, cooks, staff at the front desk, maids were very friendly and all speak more languages.There are always at your service. Drink that is included in the all inclusive offer also can satisfy many tastes, this is a superb beer, wine, liquor. The rooms are large, comfortable, beds are great, the bathroom is new, everything is spotlessly clean and everything is cleaned daily.
The beach is very close to the pool, just get down through the pine forest and arrive at a beautiful beach with crystal clear water, the only beach chairs are charged and are not all inclusive service. There is also no sponge on deck chairs by the pool. In all inclusive service does not fall internet, it must especially pay. That's the only complaint. The entire hotel is perfectly tastefully designed with a lot of taste, details, images, photos that give a special cozy atmosphere.
The hotel is located in the center and it takes just a few minutes walk to the old town which is beautiful.
Animation program is also good, and the whole day is filled with a variety of activities at the pool or in the hotel complex depends on the sport and activities. Also every night at 09:30 pm is scheduled program (concert, disco, poker ..)
Beautiful experience especially at this time of the year when not excessive heat that would like to repeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a great report on our resort! I am very happy to see that you have seen and acknowledged our emphasis on details as we believe they are a key to everything. Furthermore, I will take this review and show it to all of our staff, as this is our final goal- to have such happy guests with beautiful memories.
I wish you a pleasant weekend,
Paula
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Still here at the moment can't fault the food and the staff the only let down is the soundproofing of the rooms. Can be very noisy and you can hear everything and I mean everything. Also there is no wi fi unless you pay - you can get free wi fi in a few bars on the harbour if you have a drink in them if the hotel had it we wouldn't have had to leave it. The jadran bar on the harbour is where we go you have have drinks and a meal relax and watch the world go by but all of them are excellant and good value for money. Will be coming back to supetar but will rent a villa next time

Room Tip: Go to an apartment.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula - QC S, Guest Relations Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our resort! I am very glad to hear you are finding our resort a good place to relax and that you are satisfied with the food and service. Regarding the infrastructure, unfortunately, we are aware of this problem and are currently looking into ways of fixing it.
I hope you will enjoy the rest of your holiday here at the resort!
Paula Sekulo

Been to Waterman Svpetrvs Resort? Share your experiences!