“Average!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Supetar
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Usually I read comments on TripAdvisor before I decide if I will pick the hotel or not. This one had very good comments. Only few were not happy with it. I decided to write my experience too...which is not so good.
First, recepcion staff is terrible...not pleasent at all and they act as you came to beg for 1Euro and not to stay in not so cheap hotel (around 1300 Euro for 10 days and 2 persons). Tip of menagment: You need to have very pleasent and friendly staff at least in the recepcion. It is normal in the world!!
They hardly explaind us anything...acctually, the first lady was so rude that she hardly gave us a key.
The thing is that we have small baby and we had 2 claims before reservation-king size bed and bath, not a shower. The first room on ground flour was with two separate beds and bath. When I complaind, after turning eyes and waiting, I got another room. It was on second floor (can you imagine with a small baby and all that goes with it, go on second floor and back few times a day?!). I am sure we got the most far away room because we complained. And the room had shower!!! We didnt complain second time, thinking that probabli will get something much worse.
Second, after each shower we had flood in the bathroom which then I had to clean in order not to have water and mudd all over the room. Thanks to very nice cleaning lady, I got enough towels.
Thired, in the evening the resort is very noise. There are some shows going on from 9:30p.m. until 11:00-11:30 p.m. Noone didn't mention this and if we new it, there would not be chance to pick this hotel up. It is that noise that you cannot talk in the room. Can you imaging baby sleeping??!! Also, hotel doesn't have its night keepers (or it has but they don't do the job) and after those shows or going outs in the town, a group of drunk people are keep dringing, singing and screaming on the beach and you get woke up every night around 3:00-4:00a.m. You can almost set the clock!!
I remember someone wrote that coffee is not drinkable...I can surely confirm it!! I am really tipe of person that can dring any coffee in the world as long as it is coffee, this one is apsolutlly not drinkable! The same goes for soft drinks. So if you are planing to go to this hotel, my advice is not to take ALL couse it is waste of money!!
One thing I have to add....the food is great and the staff in Adria restoran is very nice!!

All together, it is average 3 star hotel near beach. I thought that in Croatia they have European hotel standards and that way I pick 4 star hotel, but it is more like Egypt hotel categorization. So, if you want 4 star hotel, my sugestion is to pick 5 star hotel in Croatia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. I am very sorry you had any inconvenience during your stay with us.
This has been an alarming review for us, and necessary actions in regards to the reception staff have been done already. Furthermore, regarding the noise level, we have made certain adjustments to avoid any possible future guest complaints.
I assure you your review has been taken very seriously by our senior management and allow me to thank you again for your honest review and for pointing issues that we need to work on.
Most sincerely,
Paula Sekulo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Kaktus hotel part of the resort as part of a Saga tour and really enjoyed our stay, the choice and quality of food was outstanding and the staff charming especially Georgia who looked after us so well in the Saga lounge, our room was good just a little short of hanging space, the beach is a few yards away and Supetar a short stroll, the harbour area is lively and is an extremely pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by, it is also very safe in the evening. we would always be pleased to return here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experiences in our resort.
We are glad you enjoyed your accommodation and the food. I will be sure to pass on you kind words to Georgia and I am sure she will appreciate it a lot.
Thank you for your recommendation and I am looking forward in welcoming you back!
Best regards,
Vadso, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at the Waterman Resort for two weeks in september 2012 with my family. The hotel is situated in Supetar on the beautiful of Island Brac. Supetar is only a short boat trip away from Split. About 50 minutes with the the local ferry and 30 minutes with hydrofoil.

The Resort is made up of several buildings. Our room was in the Kaktus building, which had beed refurbished recently. The appartment was nice and clean, and had a lovely seaview from the balcony.

The grounds surrounding the complex were very well kept. And the beaches are just lovely.

The town of Supetar was nice, with small shops and lots og good resturants. Our favorite resturant in Supetar is the La Punta resturant.

Split is also worth a visit. The old town is beautiful, with plenty of resturants and shops.
We also took the local bus to a big shopping center called City CenterOne, the trip took about 10 minutes with bus. The center was finished in 2010 and had lots of nice shops.

We were very satisfied with the hotel and Croatia, so we are definetly going back to Croatia. After spending our vacation in Greece for the last five years, Croatia is really a step up. The country is neat and clean, and we felt safe every where we went. The people are also very friendly.

Croatia ftw.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write such an uplifting review about our resort, but also our county as well.
We take a lot of pride in our beach, we were awarded with the Blue Flag for our beach and I am very happy you enjoyed it. As well, I am glad the accommodation was to your liking and you found it very enjoyable. We all look forward in welcoming you and your family back to our resort.
Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback,
Best regards,
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been at the Waterman Resort with my family in August for 15 days. We had an amazing experience thanks to the help of Katija from Reception. She was so helpful with everything we needed. We are Italian and usually do not eat good Italian food outside of Italy, but the cook at the resort, Mohamed, made an unbeliavable pasta to fulfill our needs. We had the same waitress almost every evening for dinner, Katerina, who was very friendly and always available to serve you with the best attitude possible. All in all it was a great family vacation where we enjoyed good service, good food, and a beatiful Hotel. We stayed in Kaktus which was one of the compartments of the Hotel since it has many areas.

The only down part to the Hotel was the lack of entertainment for Italian children. Our children only speak Italian and could not understand the shows very well. But everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paula - QC S, Quality control at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Mrs. Doris,
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review for our resort.
I am glad the food and service was to your liking and that you had such a nice vacation.
Furthermore, regarding the animation for the kids, we will definitely take this into consideration and try to change this for next season.
Thank you for your review and best regards from sunny Supetar!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Pros: the room was very clean and nice. The buffet breakfast had tons of options and was very good.
Cons: The hotel setup is very bizarre. It's made up of a number of different buildings and pools bordering the public beach and private homes. It took us a very long time to find the reception, as there is no signage on the property. Once there, the staff at the reception desk was curt and unfriendly. The pools were all full and the only available poolside chairs were far from the pools on grassy areas between the pool and beach. Furthermore, no towels were provided for use at the pool, which is surprising when staying at an expensive pool / beach resort. The reception staff never mentioned anything about this, but when I left the room with a towel, I was chased by a member of the housekeeping staff who told me that for a towel I would have to pay extra at reception.
A nice enough resort hotel, but not worth the price, even though I know that most accommodations in the town are expensive.

• Stayed July 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

good location and very good food, but ugly girls on reception, totally unfriendly during 7 days of my stay without any reason

Room Tip: room was small and with bad protection from noise