“A hotel is a hotel is a hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Central Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   01 Le Loi, 784 Quang Trung Street, Quang Ngai, Vietnam   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Quang Ngai
Oslo, Norway
“A hotel is a hotel is a hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Not much to say about Central Hotel. My second stay here. Visited some relatives, so stayed here for one night. It still looks tired and needs some fixing, but it works. The staff was a lot more friendly and helpful this time, so that is good. Still they where really slow and not listening when we went up to the restaurant to get some drinks. Guess they need something to work for.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hoi An, Viet Nam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I really cannot give the extra star some reviewers are giving it. It was quite a disappointment.

After a long trip from Danang to get here, I felt like going for a swim but the pool was filled with lots of screaming children. I assume the hotel charges the locals for access to the pool because I don't believe their families were staying here.

There were signs saying there was a "garden bar", which I thought might be quieter, but it was nowhere to be found and I got a shrug of the shoulder when I asked about it. I was then directed to go to the restaurant on the 7th Floor if I wanted a quiet drink but, there was some kind of function going on and there was a very loud person on a very loudspeaker speaking to the audience.

All the no smoking signs are ignored by the Vietnamese. Although there are supposed to be non-smoking rooms and I requested one, the room had ashtrays but, fortunately, did not smell too bad. They do seem to allow smoking in the elevators.

The first night (I am still here) was very noisy with either a party or a karaoke bar nearby. The music stopped around 10 so I got some sleep in spite of the very noisy street outside. I am in Room 417 so make sure you don't get that room if you do decide to stay here.

Also, the wifi was very poor. I had to resort to my iPhone's hotspot.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing Le Loi Street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Quang Ngai hotels

near newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

after booking a room at my khe hotel [and promptly leaving after sighting it ] we were pleased to find the central hotel and a much needed shower and bed. the room quality was about on par with a remote country pub in outback australia , but did provide all the basics as advertised . The extent of the staffs english was to advise me to turn right outside the hotel to find the local bus station , in the mid-day heat I trudged on for 1 km , to return and then be directed straight ahead , after a similar effort I returned bathed in sweat , to find a different staff member who directed me 2 km's in the opposite direction! They must have been laughing fit to bust , because the bus depot was 75 meters away if one were to turn LEFT ! No one in this town seemed to speak any english so if you feel the need to stop over here , bring a sense of humour !!! Busses on to Quy Nhon leave early , so skip breakfast

Room Tip: If your sense of humour allows , upgrade to the balcony room ! Its hilarious!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Quang Ngai doesn't get many tourists and this hotel is OK, Plus points, the bed is massive and really comfy (we like the hard beds). The room is warm. Negative points, it is a basic hotel, restaurant isn't great. But this place is fine for a night, I wouldn't want to be staying here on business for a long time (which several people looked like they were doing)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Loxton, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Look, this is Quang Ngai, and they don't have too many tourists through. Nor will they get many if this is one of the best hotels in town! You certainly can't have big expectations. The staff spoke very little English (not their fault) but they did seem confused when we produced our on-line booking - then tried to charge us again the next day. Breakfast was poor (thankful for baguettes and bananas) and we were all but ignored by the 5 staff in the restaurant for dinner - so we left and went out for tea. The gym was un-usable and I can only assume, judging by the colour of the pool, that it was not being tended to. The bed was like rock (even by Asian bed standards) but it was clean and spacious. If I had to stay in Quang Ngai again, I wouldn't necessarily avoid at all costs, but I think I would give another a go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rainham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Hotel was packed with screaming young children & their families fleeing typhoon Haiyan when we checked into our good value & quite nice larger room. But the place is dated.
We got up for breakfast at 730 & literally nothing. The kids had ravaged EVERYTHING.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Royston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a long trip, looking forward to using the swimming pool. However, when we got there the pool was green and management told us that it was "out of use for two days for cleaning". However, the algae growing in it looked pretty permanent. The restaurant did not seem clean, was poorly ventilated and had a funny smell. We were shocked to see porcupine, wild cat and pangolin on the menu.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Central Hotel? Share your experiences!