“Beautiful Hotel! One minor complaint.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casino Rama

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rama
Casino Rama
5899 Rama Road | Rama, Rama, Ontario L0K 1T0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Rama
Hamilton, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel! One minor complaint.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a night here for a friends wedding. The hotel and rooms are beautiful!
The room was well appointed and very clean.
The only issue we had with the room was the bed and bedding. We found the matress somewhat uncomfortable. As well, the bedding seemed undersized. Me being 6 foot 4 could not have the blankets pulled up to my shoulders without my feet being uncovered.
Despite this we still had a great time and would love to come back again.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
St. Catharines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Room was big and bright , king size bed was uncomfortable / worn out as was the couch well used and worn.
The room was clean and didn't smell of any bad doors ,
The fireplace is a nice touch and gave heat .

Room Tip: The bed must be comfortable in order to enjoy your stay ! Appearance, good smells and lighting !
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to the casino to see a show and have dinner, did not stay in the hotel. The show venue was excellent and I would certainly recommend it if someone you want to see is on. Dinner in the St. Germain Steakhouse was excellent, albeit not inexpensive. The food was of a very high standard and the presentation, very professional. Service was efficient but somewhat disinterested...our waitress had an "edge" about her....maybe because we spent too long trying to find an affordable, but good wine on the IPad you are given instead of wine menu (not sure that added anything but novelty value, and of course, the ability to changes prices easily)!!! There were four of us in a booth and the space and ambience was great, we had an appetizer each, all four of us had Steak and we had two bottles of wine....bill $320.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We decided on a last minute weekend getaway at Casino Rama to see “Penn & Teller”, and the “So You Think You Can Dance 2013 Tour”. We were able to book entertainment packages that included premium show seating, valet parking and dining vouchers. The package prices were very good value compared to booking everything separately.

The rooms are all suites, extremely large and included a gas fireplace. They are beautiful and very well maintained. Even though the hotel has been open for many years, everything throughout the property looked brand new. One of the nicest surprises was how quiet the casino area is compared to a typical Las Vegas casino. There was none of that annoying “ding, ding, ding” from the slot machines which made the atmosphere more enjoyable. This was our first stay at Casino Rama and we would definitely return in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I wasn't going to put another review from me of this property on Tripadvisor, but this one is just to answer some comments from others that I think are not completely correct.

We stayed for two nights (Sept. 30-Oct.1) and enjoyed the trip once again, although our favorite smoking room on the sixth floor faced the ongoing construction of the new entrance to the casino. This resulted in our being awakened at 7:30 AM by the workers directly below doing whatever it is that they do best to build the new entrance. Even with the A/C on and the small window that usually can be opened to get some fresh air into the room kept closed, the noise still got through just enough to wake us up, so no need for our usual wakeup call to be set through the phone.

Another slight annoyance was that the electricity throughout the hotel had been turned off for maintenance for several hours just after our arrival, but we had expected that, as the hotel called us several days before to inform us that it was going to happen and giving us the option to pick other dates to arrive had we wanted to, so other then the room being very warm, and no TV, lights, or ability to use the coffeemaker for several hours (power came back on about 4 PM), the room was fine. Very clean and comfortable, with the usual bathroom amenities, fresh towels etc. Wanting to avoid what we thought might be a long wait to check in and possibly not being able to use the keycard to get into our room because the power was off, we decided to drive up early to try to arrive before the power was shut down. Arriving just after noon, we found the front desk still had power and functioning normally for checking in, and the elevators working and door locks still let us into our room without any problem. And the coffee maker that we had asked for when we made the reservation arrived just after we got into our room. So other then the warm room for a few hours without power, and some noise from the construction crew working below all day, the room was fine.

A few comments and suggestions from me to people who seemingly don't read many of the prior reports from people who have stayed at Rama, and then come here to comment about how disappointed they are that it isn't what they expected.
First of all, yes it can be expensive if it's your first time there and have to pay the rates for a weekend stay or a when a famous person is appearing in the show room, or some other busy time of year. It's a full service hotel after all with a pool and spa, not a small motel, and you're paying for a larger room, room service if wanted, valet parking if you need it (otherwise plenty of free parking), and the convenience of several good restaurants and a casino and showroom on the property.
If you get their free players card and use it at the slot machines or hand it to the dealer to get credits when you play at the tables, you'll get offers for complimentary or discounts on rooms, meals, or shows. SInce my wife and I have had their players cards since shortly after this property opened, we often get complimentary or discounted night offers at the hotel, and free or discounted meals at any of their restaurants. Actually, on this trip when I handed in my original Rama players card from many many years ago just after the casino had opened, when I went to a table, the supervisors and dealers had a good laugh when they saw how old it is, and laughed again when I commented it was almost as old as me. But it gets my wife and me emailed and mailed offers of free or discounted hotel rooms and meals, so be sure to sign up for a players card if it's your first time there and you'll get offers of discounts or comps based on the amount of play during your stays. And no, you can't load the players card with cash in advance like you might do with a credit card, as it's not a credit card, rather it's a free card that rates your amount of play and time playing that will determine the amount and frequency of the offers you receive for future trips.

Many people complain about not having a coffee maker or water in the room as they expected. JUST ASK FOR ONE AT CHECKIN or when making a reservation! We didn't know about the availability of coffee makers for many trips to Rama, so we brought our own travel coffee maker and supplies, and when we mentioned it on a prior trip and again when checking in, a coffee maker with all the coffee supplies and two bottles of water was sent to our room shortly after we checked in, so we now request it when we call to make our reservations and mention it again at checkin. And no charge for the coffee maker or additional supplies of coffee, creamer (powdered creamer), or sugar if needed.
Ever been to Vegas, where many if not all of the hotels don't have a coffee maker or bottled water in the rooms, or if you can get one you'll pay for it's use and all the additional supplies, and the bottled water sent to your room? We stay at many Hilton properties, and as a Hilton elite, we usually find a coffee maker and two bottles of water in the rooms when we arrive and have come to expect it, but this is not a Hilton hotel yet we find it as comfortable and clean as many we have stayed in, and we ask for the coffee maker each trip here and it always is brought to our room shortly after we check in, along with two bottles of water on the same tray.

As usual we found the staff friendly and accomodating, and the only reason I've dropped this from the previous five * ratings in my earlier trip reports is because of the construction noise (which should be done if a few more weeks), and the uncomfortablly warm room for a few hours because of the maintenance on the electrical systems in the hotel.

(And the slots weren't too friendly to my wife either!!!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice maker (very noisy) and soft drink machine, and away from the elevat...
Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When I read all the positive reviews on this website, I wonder if there is another Casino Rama (of course there isn’t) because our experience was totally different.

We stayed in this hotel on Friday, Sept 27th. From the time we drove up to the driveway, to the time we checked out, we were met with disappointments and let downs like nowhere else. Two valets were at the front of the hotel, but no one greeted us and asked if we were checking in. At 2:10pm Friday afternoon, our room was not ready unless we were willing to take a smoking room. There was no offer to store our luggage, no courtesy to give us a call when our room was ready. When asked if they have any idea when our room would be ready, we were told that “check-in time is 4pm, just check back with us later”.

We dragged our luggage to Players Service to pick up our Players Passport, were told that we’ll get no privilege at this point but will accumulate credits later if we play in the Casino. I wanted to load the Players Passport with money so we’ll get “credit” for the money we played with, but were told to just use cash. So we were quite confused and wondered what the Players card is for if we can’t use it to play.

After numerous times of checking (the last one at 4:10pm), our room was finally ready at 4:25pm. Since we had a dinner reservation at 5:30pm at St. Germain’s Steakhouse, we have to rush to get ready. Even though we booked our table back in July, we were seated in a tiny table right at the front of the restaurant, behind and across from the receptionists. Food was excellent; service was fast, professional but cold. Service was so fast that we finished our two-course dinner at 6:30pm! We did feel rushed.

During the show, someone in front of us had his cellphone on; text messaged his friends and played with his iphone on and off during the whole show. No food or drink is allowed inside the concert hall but cellphone usage is OK because there is no announcement or posted sign saying that you can’t use it.

There is no coffee maker, no complimentary bottled water, no complimentary breakfast, no bar fridge and no microwave oven in the room. At 11:05pm, we went to the Pop Machine to get a pop. It took our $3 but did not dispense the pop. A call to “At your Service” desk got a promise that a Maintenance guy would come around shortly but no one came. When I brought the matter up at check-out, I was told that $3 will be credited to our room. When I got home, I noticed that we were charged $3 which brought the total bill for one night stay (including dinner) from $568.95 to $571.95. I called the hotel and was told that even though the receipt listed $571.95 was charged to our visa; the actual amount charged was only $568.95. That was very confusing when what you saw in the receipt was not what was charged. At the end of the day, we were still out $3 because we never got the refund for the cash we deposited in the Pop machine.

We paid $389 before tax, for a room with view of roof-top, no coffeemaker, no complimentary bottled water or breakfast. The room is very spacious, dusty in certain area (eg the alarm clock radio) but otherwise clean. The safe is on top shelf inside the closet, too high for me to reach. Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 11am in this hotel, not noon.

I did fill out a comment card and the Supervisor of Customer Service called me and offered a generous compensation if we would go back for a second visit. I am not sure that we will but do appreciate the offer and goodwill gesture. Everyone I dealt with over the phone (reservation, player service and Supervisor) is extremely nice. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the staff who we actually dealt with face to face. We are experienced travellers and have stayed in all kinds of hotel globally so our expectation was not unreasonable. I learned from other guests that if you lost enough money at the game table or slot machine, you can get a hotel room at a deeply discounted rate, even for free in your next visit. So do keep this in mind when you read all the reviews.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 3rd floor where the pool and spa are located. This floor has very strong chlorine...
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Haven't stayed in the hotel before, but my lady wanted to stay over night after the show, so that's what we did. Must say, it is nice to be able to just leave your room, go to the show and then when it is over, just walk back to your room. OK, so there was a slight detour through the casino for a few hours, but you know what I mean. Although the rooms are a bit pricey. They are very nice! Very large, great amenities in the room and great bathroom. Would have preferred a view other than over the roof top, but otherwise great. The bed was REALLY comfy too!

Room Tip: I would ask for one on the west side so that you can watch the sun set. the one's "overloo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casino Rama? Share your experiences!