“LIKE except for the dust” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casino Rama

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rama
Casino Rama
5899 Rama Road | Rama, Rama, Ontario L0K 1T0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Rama
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“LIKE except for the dust”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I like this hotel. Very big, stayed in a deluxe double bedroom with my mom for one night only. Very nice looking overall but there were places that are very dusty like inside the lamp shade on top of bulb and around picture frames, mirrors. I know it sounds petty like I'm looking for something negative about this place but I can't help it because I work in the hotel industry too and I am a very thorough and meticulous worker. Anyway, room and overall hotel appearance was updated, homey and warm at the same time. Lined up at the Cedar Restaurant for like an hour but it was worth the wait. Lots of people that night. Simple menu, fast service, one of the BEST food I have ever tasted at a decent price! Not too low or high-class. I mainly came here to watch Earth Wind and Fire. Amazing concert I could die! Woke up the next day, got a player's card (free) to pay $9 for buffet breakfast instead of $12 and change. Great service and food again. Love the coffee. Again, I am very picky with the quality of my food and coffee since I worked with 2 coffee companies before. Met my expectations. Smooth stay overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charnock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been to Canada many many times and we love it! This time we had a spell around Orillia and we booked to stay in Casino Rama for one night, just to get the feel of the place. We had done all our business as that was why we were there in Canada so we thought have wander round Casino Rama and have a lovely romantic meal aswell, and maybe a little flutter in the Casin itself!
Room was lovely and the bathrooms are great too perhaps a little expensive but we expected this.Price did not include breakfast but when we checked out the next morning went to a Tim Horton's on route to the airport!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are deluxe so no problem what you choose.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoy Rama for gambling, yes, but it's also a nice hotel. Great spacious rooms (all suites) that we've always found to be clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that it's very pricey to stay most weekend nights. Especially if they have a show or concert on. Weeknights can get you a room for just around $119 sometimes, but I've seen it as high as $429 on a Saturday during an event. And you definitely have to book early (2 mths+) for event dates on a weekend.

That said, good restaurants as well - lots to choose from. Our favourite is St. Germain's - definitely make a reservation. Haven't tried Rama's new Italian place, Lombardi's yet, but plan to when they reopen - they're currently doing renovations to that area of the casino.

We ate at Cedar during last weekend's visit, for the first time, and it wasn't bad. Not out of this world, but a good meal. Service was a little slow and not overly attentive, but it was a decent meal and reasonably priced.

We saw a show while there (my first time in their theatre) and it's a good venue - audio is good and no bad seats. I was surprised that their floor level seats, which are premium priced, are all sitting flat on the floor - no incline. So sitting towards the back of this area means you are trying to look over the heads of those in front of you. And, those seats are just folding seats, not typical theatre style. They're comfortable, mind you. And I guess they do this to accommodate moving them for different show requirements, but it did seem strange to be seated in a folding chair and paying a premium for it. And it was a little difficult to see over everyone's head to the stage. They did have large screens set up so we could see the entertainer, but we paid to see him live, not watch a screen.

Room Tip: our room was opposite the ice/vending, which in the hallway was really noisy but once in the room yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

stayed on the 22nd. $325.00 plus tax, $375.00 total, are they kidding. they say it is a luxury suite, however our phone and our fireplace did not work. rama needs to seriously lower their prices on their rooms. when Toronto and northern casinos are up and running in the near future, rama will lose a lot of customers, one being me.

Room Tip: are room was next to a exit to noisy.
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room is superior. A king size bed with excellent mattress. Large spacious room with couch that pulls out to a bed, chair, coffee table, and eating table with 2 chairs. Spa where you get a complimentary massage, swimming pool, steam room, and sauna that didn't heat up when the timer was turned on. T.V. was only place to get music, this wasn't free. 2, 5 minute music sessions played through the T.V. was $23.50. Room service was expensive.

Room Tip: south side rooms are very sunny. 6th floor is smoking. Ice maker is noisy on north side.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Another trip to Casino Rama with a two night stay at their hotel last Sunday and Monday. Arrived about 3 PM and our reserved favorite room on the sixth floor away from the elevators and ice/vending machine was waiting for us, so checkin was quick and efficient. Coffee maker and supplies that we had asked for when we made the reservation got to the room shortly after we checked in, and included two bottles of spring water and enough coffee and tea for the first day, but these were replenished for the next day and evening of our stay. The coffee maker and supplies have to be requested in advance, so rather then complain that the rooms don't have one (they don't have them in each room unless you request it) just ask for it when making your booking.

Dinner at St. Germains was fine, with well prepared and large portions, and excellent service. Their menu has expanded a bit, so while this reataurant is not inexpensive, it's well worth the cost for a really nice and well presented dinner. I'd recommend reservations there, especially during busier times like on weekends or during show nights.

Off to the casino after dinner, where I was able to hold my own at the blackjack tables, while my wife was frustrated at her 25 cent slot machines. But it was fun nonetheless and good to get away for a few days. We were able to use their Club Lounge for a light breakfast, and it was fine, although I wish there were a few hot dishes ( pre-made hot eggs, bacon, sausages) available too, even just from a heating table, but these may be limited by the small size of the lounge itself, however the juices, coffee, cereals, toast, bagels, cheeses, cut fruit, muffins and danish were sufficient to keep us going until dinner later. The staff in the lounge are friendly and attentive, and the coffee kept flowing, and the lounge itself is kept spotless and neat.

Be sure to sign up for their players club card to get good room and food offers based on your casino rated play.

All in all, another good trip, with a friendly and helpful staff in all our experiences with them, and clean, well-kept and comfortable accomodations once again.

Only suggestions from us: Being that it's a long walk from the hotel to the casino along the inside passageway, it would be great if some sort of people-mover were installed (as in the airports) for us to save steps on the way to the fun. Just joking, but who knows, maybe that'll be part of the planned renovations! Also, for those of us who don't use the hotel's valet parking, a small shuttle bus would be appreciated to get to our cars in bad weather or if parked a long way away from the hotel on a busy day. Do I sound lazy with all of the above???? ;)

Good trip, will do it again soon.

Room Tip: Most standard rooms are similar, with an electric fireplace and large flat screen TV in the room. As...
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

When I called for a reservation, I was surprised at the price, $269 one night/$329 the next. I am from the United States, and here? Nice rooms at Casinos are relatively cheap - usually less than $150/night. They said "it is an all-suite hotel". Our room was nice, the linens were fabulous, but the room was not divided, it was SMALL, and a suite? Not in my opinion, it did have a couch, chair and two beds, but there was no coffee maker, refrigerator, or microwave, all three things normally found at other hotels. The room barely had enough room for the two beds side by side; the bathroom however, was exquisite. The staff was remarkable and attentive to our needs, and the casino and hotel are very nice. All in all though, the price was way too much for a small room in the outback ;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casino Rama? Share your experiences!