“Great overnite visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casino Rama

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rama
Casino Rama
You added Casino Rama to your Saves list
5899 Rama Road | Rama, Rama, Ontario L0K 1T0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rama
Ottawa, Canada
“Great overnite visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My brother and I had a recent trip to Casinorama to see Frankie Valli. It was our first visit there. |A absolutely terrific place. Our suite was beautiful. The meals we had were excellent. The casino is very nice. The level of service was superb. All in all out short stay was lovely and we will certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Casino Rama was excellent overall from the time of arrival to the time of departure. The hotel facilities are top notch with all rooms being suites. Many people would not think to bring their families to the Casino, but it is definitely a destination for all. The pool has been upgraded to a salt water pool and is open to all ages, before closing for adults only for one hour. The change rooms have a steam and sauna inside them.
The food quality was excellent in room service, Weirs Restaurant for breakfast and St. Germains Steakhouse for dinner. Overall a very positive and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brechin, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

my husband & i will never go back to the sports bar sat there for over 15 min with no service while staff goofed around with each other, it was 1100 at night so they were not busy, we left there & went to weirs, weirs was alright.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a comp. Had a massage in the spa followed by a swim in the salt water pool. Never felt more relaxed! Spa prices were surprisingly below the standard. I have been to Let Scandinavia, st Annes, elmwood, and others and this was by far the cheapest! The RMT I had was very pleasant and did an amazing job. Towels are provided for you and a robe and slippers. Hotel room was spacious, wish the bath tub was deeper but I did most of my soaking in the hot tub. Weirs breakfast was good, but it was very busy. No real complaints, other than location. I like the country but the nearest timmies was about a 10 min drive away.
Will come back for sure!

• Stayed October 2012
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My son and I headed to Casino Rama to see Larry the Cable Guy and would be staying over - sounds easy right?

We were told check-in is after 4:00. 10 to 6 we finally get into our room.

Upon check-out we have a $50.00 MANDITORY deposit added to our bill, which we were not informed about when we booked the room.

Upon check-out I asked for it back before leaving and the reply was 'oh it's up to your bank to refund it now, it's out of our hands now'. HOW is my bank responisible for this? Well, I was told it was out of their hands and it would show as a refund on my visa.

So 3 weeks later it still has not been refunded. I called Casino Rama, they checked, "Oh yes it was refunded to your visa so it's up to your bank to refund it to you".

So I called my bank - well guess what? NOPE - there is no credit pending to my visa.

So who is responsible for crediting my $50.00? Is this a scam????? Has anyone else experienced this problem???

Oh, and we cancelled staying at their hotel while going to another performance in October. It was cheaper to buy two more tickets for friends who said they'd drive us home late at night after the performance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

What has happened to this once fun place to visit?? We have made dozens of trips to Rama and one thing I can tell you is that it has gone downhill steadily over the past couple years.

The rewards program has changed for the worse. We used to get room comps regularly and we haven't seen one in almost a year. The dinner coupons still come, but the quality of food has also gone considerably downhill as well. I have received cold, raw in the middle steaks, fatty, inedible prime rib sandwiches, and disgusting pork roasts in my last few visits and have stopped eating there altogether.

The casino floor has changed considerably as well and like most places, has gone after the geriatric set with an overwhelming number of penny slots. What people need to realise about penny slots is just because you're betting "pennies" does NOT mean you are not gambling.
I think a lot of people try to comfort themselves by saying "Oh, but I'm only playing pennies" and the hard truth is those penny games require you to bet the maximium, anywhere from $1 to $5 to get bonuses, progressives, and so on. They are deceptive and people need to be aware of that.

Rama has decided to target a particular group of people and ignore the rest of us and that has a LOT of people I have talked to at other casinos in Ontario bothered. It's very short sighted considering that if Toronto gets it's casino, those people will stop coming to Rama. I mean, who wants to ride a bus for two hours when you can take the subway/bus/streetcar and be home in less than an hour? The future looks bleak for Rama and I can't say I feel any sympathy for them as they have brought it on themselves.

I refuse to play table games there after a large sting operation caught some dealers conspiring with customers to cheat the casino and arrests were made. Trust is a huge issue when playing at a casino and Rama has completely lost mine.

I would recommend to anyone thinking of driving a long distance to stay there to reconsider and go somewhere else. It is a faded shell of it's former self and while it saddens me to say it, I think it's days are numbered.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want a good room