“Great Spot to enjoy Lake Tekapo” 4 of 5 stars

You added Peppers Bluewater Resort to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   State Highway 8, Lake Tekapo 7945, New Zealand   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lake Tekapo
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great Spot to enjoy Lake Tekapo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The good things: Nice fairly new facilities with great amenities and nice spacious suites with equipped kitchen and two tv, great for long vacations!
The bad thing: the staff is not very friendly or helpful, they charge an extra % if you pay with credit card.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
andrewmfreak, General Manager at Peppers Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Kia ora Pikotoba.

We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed so much about our property.! I really appreciate you jumping on Trip Advisor to let us know - that means a lot!

Regrettably, our resorts do charge a 2% surcharge on all credit card transactions which has become fairly commonplace in the industry today.

Peppers Bluewater Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for one night as part of tour package. The hotel complex was huge and there was a bit of walking from the receptionist to our block of rooms at the far end so we're glad our bus driver dropped us off near where our rooms were located. However it was a struggle to lift our luggage up the stairs to our 2nd floor room. Our room was OK for the one night, a bit on the small size and not as luxurious as the website advertised. Dinner at the restaurant in the hotel was excellent, but our waitress had trouble communicating in English and had to ask the chef to explain to us what was the specials of the day. Hotel staff weren't rude or anything but seemed to be disengaged.

Room Tip: ask for a ground floor room if you have trouble lifting your luggage to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
andrewmfreak, General Manager at Peppers Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Kia ora dreamer176,

We appreciate you taking some time to let us know about your stay. Unfortunately we are a little spread out, but we are always happy to allocate a room closer to reception if its requested at the time of booking.
I am very happy to hear that you loved your dinner; we have just released our new Winter Menu, which we are very proud of. We are running a number of specials throughout July/August, and have some hearty room service option also available. It would be great to have you hear again for dinner in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have driven past this place a number of times and thought it looked great so decided to stay
I had a look at the tripadvisor reviews prior to booking but something bad has happened to the place in June!
Initially we didnt get the room I had booked but after threatening to find somewhere else to stay we did finally get our room
It is pretty obvious that this is a timeshare resort with privately owned units that are in definite need of some maintenance
While the bed linen, shower etc was clean it seems that the vacuum cleaner broke down about a month ago and the person hired to do the dusting must need glasses
Overall for $272 per night tbis place promised a lot and delivered very little
I will not be staying here again

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kia ora 510wesb,

Thank you for your recent feedback and comments. We are obviously disappointed that your expectations were not met on this occasion. You are right in suggesting that we have had some recent staffing challenges, but I can catergorically say that these are well and truly behind us! We have a great head housekeeper and team, who are passionate about providing a lovely clean environment for our guests to enjoy.

We hope you can see it in your heart to give us another chance, so we can show you what we are all about at Peppers Bluewater Resort.

Many thanks,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff had no idea what they were doing it was a preprepared stay and they stuffed everything up, we had two bad peppers resort experiences and we will never stay at any of their resorts again. It is a highly priced hotel yet you are still required to purchase wifi amongst other things, even the coffee pods in your room arent complementary. The staff are rude and arent accomodating at all. The only thing that it has going for it is the view and you can receive that at other accomodations. Not impressed

• Stayed May 2014
andrewmfreak, General Manager at Peppers Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Kia ora JeremyBlairVictoria,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are disappointed that a number of aspects about your stay fell below par, and that we did not meet your expectations. Our internet cost structure is standard fare across our resorts at this point in time, but we are certainly looking at what we can do to change this. We do offer 2 x complimentary coffee pods in all guest rooms, with the option to purchase more beyond that. Additionally, we do offer instant tea & coffee options free of charge.

Regards,

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel has the worst service in any hotel in New Zealand, I was very impressed on how bad it is, it seems that staff members don't have any guest services skills whatsoever. We arrived at the hotel after 3pm and our room was not ready, the person at the Front Desk was very rude and she seem that she did not care at all about her job. When we came back and went to the room we've found a queen bed instead of twins, my travel agent asked for twin beds I had the proved for that.
I went back to talk to the rude receptionist and she said she was going to ask housekeeping to change that. Then we were informed that the housekeeping department has left, and that my brother and I will have to share the bed. they did not offer to change our room, or ask a manager to come and separate the beds. If you are the Manager of this Hotel you have to make sure that your hotel is running well. To the Manager, do you ever read this experiences? do you have anything to say?

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, do not stay at any Peppers Resort
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kia ora martinayel1970,

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologise for a number issues you encountered upon check in. There was no excuse for not having your accommodation ready, and for our inability to handle your booking requests. Secondly, I certainly review all posts on Trip Advisor and have responded strongly with my team this morning to these concerns. This is not the level of customer service we are accustomed to, nor accept and firm action will indeed be taken. I know that does not undo what has been done in your instance, but you do have my assurance that this review has been taken to heart.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was booked to stay at Peppers Lake Tekapo while I was on holiday with my mum. Booked through a travel agent and thought it would be lovely. When we arrived at 3pm our room wasn't ready and we were asked to come back an hour later. When we came back and finally got to our room, it had been made up as a double and not a twin as asked. Went back to reception and advised them of this. They said they would fix it. The room was so small that there was nowhere to sit and there was no view and a window so tiny that the room actually made me think it was previously used as a prison cell. We weren't offered a drink or anything while we waited. After about 40 minutes we went back and asked again and and they couldn't give us a time frame so I said we'd be taking our business elsewhere. They would not offer a refund despite the appalling service. It was booked through a travel agent so I followed up when I got home and they eventually refunded the cost of the breakfast for the next morning but not the $200 for the room. I was really unimpressed and would not consider staying with peppers again.

Room Tip: Don't go with Peppers
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kia ora Eli W,

We regret the issues you suffered upon arrival, and apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. You were allocated to a Standard Hotel Room, as was booked by your agent. Regretfully, we were fully booked that night, and otherwise would have offered you a number of alternative room types to better serve your needs.
I would appreciate the opportunity for you to contact me directly via email :-andrew.freak@peppers.co.nz

Many thanks,

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

On a recent photography tour of New Zealand, I was thrilled to find that we would be spending a night in a Peppers resort - I had always thought that they were really "top end". I was very disappointed.

The resort is quite large - meaning lengthy walks to get around. The room was incredibly small - it reminded me of some of the motel rooms in Europe. The bed was a king-size and completely filled the room. There couldn't have been more than 600mm or 700mm on either side. There were no chairs, no table or desk and nowhere to put luggage. The room also has a nice view of the car park and another building on the other side - not great. The TV is a tiny flat-screen situated in an awkward position for viewing from the only furniture in the room - the bed.

I guess that I don't have to try another Peppers resort now - that's well and truly out of my system.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kia ora Mikey0308,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.
Naturally, we are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy yourself. Unfortunately, the Standard Hotel Rooms are very small in size, and do not fit everyone's needs. They are a suitable budget option for those looking for a basic space to sleep. We do have a wide range of larger rooms types, and I certainly encourage guests to ensure they seek out the best fit for their particular needs. I regret that your room left your overall experience short of the mark.

Naturally, we would welcome another chance to leave the right impression in the future.

Best wishes,

Peppers Bluewater Resort

Been to Peppers Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!