“One of the most amazing experience in my life!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 attractions in Lake Tekapo
Type: Observatories/ Planetariums, Tours
Attraction Details
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the most amazing experience in my life!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Joined the tour on 7 July 2013 8:30pm. We have had a great time, probably one of the most memorable tour in my life... As a kid I always love the sky / space / stars... Never thought I would be able to get so close to the stars... The driver / tour guide are very nice and patient - that he tried to answer every questions from my soon-to-be-9 little one... We were offered a hot chocolate (which we needed so much as it was extremely freezing out there and the hot chocolate certainly came in handy). Prior to the end of the trip, we had a group photo taken by the experts in astrophotography. As at the time of writing I still have yet to see the picture which they have promised to upload in Flickr. I do hope they will upload it soon, cause this makes a whole lot meaningful trip / bring fond memories - which is also one of the main reason I signed up for this tour and not the little star tour.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Mt John Observatory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Awesome experience at the Mt John Observatory - fantastic staff who were so knowledgeable it was scary! well worth the money

Visited July 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went on the two hour night tour - was simply amazing. We were lucky to get a clear might with no moon and the sky and stars were breathtaking. The guides and driver were helpful and informative and and despite losing feeling in my extremities (from the cold of course) I had a great time and would recommend this to anyone with an interesting the stars.

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
“A Great View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Probably the only way you can get to enjoy the dark sky reserve! The staff were very informative and it really depends on luck. However I felt they made the best that they could given the conditions they had work with, and I enjoyed my experience!

I guess June probably isn't the best month - we were getting a lot of cloudy skies and we had a bit of luck with a semi-clear sky. But it was beautiful.

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Worth every frozen breath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I can't imagine a better spot to catch a star gaze. I happened on this outfit thanks to another review on TripAdvisor, and was happy to pay the price for the experience. For sure, I could have had the sky to myself for free down in the basin, but it was the interpretive interaction that made this experience. Aside from the thrill of looking through a few telescopes of various sizes, the real value came in our two guides' breadth of knowledge and willingness to answer questions. Make sure you dress warm! they do provide a super heavy coat if needed, but I had three layers on under that on top and two on bottom... and still caught a chill. Of course, I lived in the tropics for 4 of the last 6 years :)