“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Clive
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Exclusive horsetreks for 1 - 4 riders. Small groups, beginners, intermediate and advanced. Individual attention & natural horsemanship techniques training on each ride. Magic Beach Ride, Sparkling River Ride, Clearview Winery Ride & Mystery Ride.
Napier, New Zealand
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was given this trek as a surprise birthday present by my friend and it certainly lived up to and exceeded any expectations I had. Dzidra is a brilliant guide and makes you feel completely relaxed about the whole experience. Highly Highly recommended. I hope to go back!! A must while you are in Hawkes Bay.

Visited November 2013

“Amazing horsetrek at Hawkes Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

It is a beautiful experience to see Hawkes Bay on horseback! The horses are all very kind and well trained and you will defenitly learn some new things. If you have the time you should really go on the Cape Kidnapper trek, amazing views and wildlife.

Napier, New Zealand
“Awesome fun, surprisingly easy (for me)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just had a great morning ride as a surprise for my wife's birthday. I'd been around some of the area on cycle but to do it on horseback was just awesome. Dzidra gives you the instruction, introduces to natural horsemanship methods, then pairs you up with your ride, and off you go. A real treat and Hawkes Bay experience! Many thanks!

Wellington, New Zealand
“A pleasant ride on horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I used to ride when I was young so I'm always keen to try horse trekking places while on holiday. I'd recently introduced a friend to horse-riding, which he enjoyed so much that when he discovered Boutique Horsetreks, situated at Clive, Hawke's Bay, he booked us in for the Magical Beach 1 hour ride. Dzidra is wonderful with the horses and she's great to ride with, and she gave us our first experience with natural horsemanship, this is the technique of riding with a rope halter instead of reins and controlling the horse by applying pressure on one side of the rope and then releasing it. We didn't know there was another way of riding, and I think it's a great idea, as I'm into natural alternatives, and the horses were very easy to control in this manner. I rode Paddy who is a little bit cheeky and this meant I was having to keep steering him away from the grass he wanted to eat. My friend rode Jazz who was well behaved and only snatched one mouthful of grass on the go. We walked the horses down the road and reached the Clive Wetlands Reserve where we saw black swans and other birds. From there we went onto the beach and walked the horses down to the sea and walked back in the surf. When we walked in the gate, Paddy helped himself to a mouthful of leaves off a palm tree that was growing in the garden.
They offer treks of 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 4 hours.
Bring sun protection, closed walking shoes, joggers, or boots, ordinary clothes (we wore shorts, but trousers are recommended).
Riding helmets are provided and so are digital pictures of the ride which you need to ask about after the ride and have sent by email.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I went with a group of friends on a weekend away in the Hawkes Bay and the horse trek was the highlight of the weekend. The instructor was really friendly and made us all feel at ease. I liked it how she told us all a bit about the personality of the horse too. It was great to hear that she speaks some Japanese and explained some of the riding instructions to a friend who was visiting from Japan. It was a great way of riding as I felt the horse was free but I was still in control. I would definitely like to go back and do a longer trek oneday.

Visited November 2013