“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Exclusive horsetreks for 1 - 4 riders. Small groups, beginners, intermediate and advanced. Individual attention & natural horsemanship techniques training on each ride. Magic Beach Ride, Sparkling River Ride, Clearview Winery Ride & Mystery Ride.
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Thank you so much Dzidra for the best ride I have had in years. I had lost my confidence in riding a few years ago but after riding with you on Sunday, I am so excited to be able to go riding again soon. Your natural horsemanship with the horses is wonderful to see and it is so gentle on the horses. It was so relaxing and so much fun to ride along the ocean. Your love of your horses and the area really shows and I will look forward to coming back and riding with you again when I am next in Hastings. Thank you also to your lovely horse Paddy who was so gentle and friendly. This place is one of a kind and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a great horse ride. A+++++++

Visited January 2013

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a wonderful experience for all on the Clearview Winery Trek. My Husband and I took our 7yo Daughter for her Birthday. We are not experienced horse riders however that didn't matter at all as Dzidra is a very experienced operator and her natural horse management style meant that the horses pretty much steered (if that is the technical term) themselves! I thought that 4 hours might be a little too long but the scenery's are so amazing and diverse.
We also had a wonderful lunch and a well earned bottle of Hawkes Bay wine. As it was our Daughters birthday they even surprised her with a cake.
We really appreciate the day out with you Dzidra. If you are ever in Brisbane please look us up.

Kind regards,
Power Family.

Hastings, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Highly Recommended To All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am 34 and last rode a horse 25 years ago so an absolute novice! We had a wonderful time this morning on a beautiful 2 hour horse trek beside the Tukituki River and along the beachfront, it was magic. Dzidra was so informative and so encouraging with an ongoing commentary of the sights, it was a great experience! Highly recommend to all, beginner and experienced horse riders alike. Thanks Onyx-the-horse!

Visited January 2013
New Zealand
35 attraction reviews
“New horse riding experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As an experienced rider it was a different adventure learning how to use natural horsemanship to ride. I didn't feel I had control - and reverted to the normal riding style when needing to stop suddenly. Anyhow, it was an interesting look and a great system (once you are used to it).

We did the beach ride and it was lovely and relaxing. We did the whole trek at a walking pace, which was disappointing (wanted a good gallop). However, I don't imagine the beach was appropriate because of the amount of stones for anything other than walking.

The horses were not your average trekking horses that just follow the other, which was lovely to see. You do need some experience with horses to ride most of them, I would imagine. They are really well looked after.

This was the most expensive horse trek I've been to in New Zealand - lovely area. We did a one hour trek - better value for the longer trek, I imagine.

Visited December 2012
BoutiqueHorseTreks, Owner at Boutique Horsetreks Day Tours, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Wonderful that you enjoyed the MAGICAL BEACH AND WILDLIFE REFUGE trek.

Our beach has sand, but also lot of stones, and this is the reason that we only walk. It is a 1 hour trek, and galloping would shorten the ride dramatically. If you would like to go faster, please join us on the RIVER trek, where there are many opportunities to go at a faster pace.

Dzidra
Quebec
5 attraction reviews
“Fun way to see the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I loved the "Natural Horsemanship" method that the horses are trained to at Boutique Horsetreks...No more beginners hauling back on horse's mouths...Riding with only a rope halter was strange at first, but easy once I got used to it! Bowie was a gent, providing enough spunk to keep things interesting. The views were super between his lovely pricked ears! I would go back for sure - the only thing missing was a good canter (we only walked), but I understand that this is hard to do on a multi-level "trail ride".

Visited December 2012
We had an awesome day out with a total of 5 riders, with most of them beginners. Everyone enjoyed themselves!

I don't mind going at a faster pace and having a good canter, but if beginners are along, we only walk. This way, we avoid a trip to the hospital! Over the last 3 years, Boutique Horse Treks has an accident rate of 0.3% and this year we would like to bring it down to 0.0%.

If you would like to have a canter or two, when you make your booking please request that I take you out alone so we can do just this.

Dzidra