“Over-rated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   297 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley, Monash, Victoria 3150, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Glen Waverley
Bali, Indonesia
“Over-rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My mother & I stayed last year and were disappointed with their service level. Although we knew that Ibis hotel is a mid-class hotel with limited service around the world, for the price we paid, it was certainly way below our expectations. Probably due to staff limitation during our stay, their service level was not up to the outstanding Accor hotels' standard.

Room Tip: Be prepared to bring your own bags for check-in and check-out. No porter was available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Greenbali

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very good condition & clean motel,staff were freindly & very helpful ;no bath in room though , only a shower. Motel is right next door to Novotel , we had family staying there for the wedding also. There is shopping village with plenty of eateries about 80m away

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I enjoy staying over the weekend and having a great time. Your service is convenient and it provides everything you need. I recommend your service and staff to my family and friends. I look forward to my next day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Guy M, Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Chamnan K

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My stay here was fantastic! The customer service here just blew me away...The bar was nice and cosy, with a great range of drinks to choose from. The rooms were spotless. Will definately be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear ZakLee8

Bayswater, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpfully. The in room dinning service was very enjoyable. All other services are close by and within easy walking distance. The only down fall was the bed was very hard. The in house movies are a great idea.

Room Tip: The standard room had a very hard bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Guy M, Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Danielle T

I will share your comments with our team. Very happy that you enjoyed your in room dinning & the inhouse movies

Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Ibis Glen Waverley.
The restaurant was excellent with fine food.
Unfortunately we found the beds to be very hard - we called it "Planking", but everything else in the room was good quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear IbisGlen

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Glad you enjoyed your meal and sorry that the beds were not as comfortable as you would have liked.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

So this is a typical business traveller hotel. The rooms are small but do the job. Location is fine if you have a business trip out this side of Melbourne. Some good restaurants nearby. My beef (and 2 star rating) is for 2 separate 'discoveries' in my 1 night stay. 1) Grabbed a blanket from the cupboard, wrapped in a plastic sleeve. Open blanket up to find a used tissue. Yuk. 2) Getting ready for bed, took off my socks. Barefoot I feel something a bit sharp right by the bed - a large toenail. Gross. Conclusion: The cleaning staff supervisor needs a reminder about the basics. I wont be back. By the way, this review done over GSM as the wifi is overpriced.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Richard B,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley.
I’m sorry on this occasion we have not delivered on some basics during your stay at the hotel

In regards to the housekeeping issues during your stay, I will be following this up with our housekeeping manager & I'm truly sorry for the experience you encountered.
This does not reflect the outstanding work our housekeeping team achieve day in day out

Thank you again for sharing your experience & I hope you give us another opportunity at Melbourne Glen Waverley in the not to distant future

Should you wish to discuss further please feel free to contact me - h6413-gm1@accor.com

Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley

Been to Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!