“Cheap = ordinary? Not really!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   297 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley, Monash, Victoria 3150, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Glen Waverley
Sydney, Australia
“Cheap = ordinary? Not really!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It's refreshing to find a cheap hotel that offers real value and excellent service. Whilst Ibis is a standardized international formula hotel with little differentiation between properties, at Glen Waverley the staff make all the difference.We stayed over Easter and had a enjoyable stay the reception desk crew making every effort to guarantee it. Cheerful, helpful, obliging and willing to vary prices and dining to suit our needs. For example we entertained our grandchildren for breakfast one morning and having been told on the phone when we booked that 4 year-olds eat free, the truth was 4 - 12 year-olds pay half price. We queried what we had been told and they waived the cost for him immediately - no argument.

The rooms are small and the facilities limited so they are only three star but that's what we want. I'm unwilling to spend twice what I need to to because the property has a conference centre and a gym! Who needs a bloody gym?

Room Tip: We have stayed there three or four times and always asked for a quiet room up high and always got wh...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Larts,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you and your extended family enjoyed your Easter break at Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley.

Regards

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Castlemaine, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Check in is usually a good indication of how happy we will be, the customer service on arrival was exceptional! The room although a little on the small size had everything we needed, with up to date furniture and was very clean. We will be staying again the future.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Sezy81,

Regards

Rutherglen, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel central to where I needed to go,unfortunately no meals available Friday and Saturday night,although there was a lot of local food ,but after competing all day Saturday I just wanted to stay in the Hotel.
Breakfast was great,rooms excellent and bed very comfortable.
Staff at desk and in breakfast area excellent,
Don Chambers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Don,

Dear ive_seen_paradise,

I take onboard your comments regarding a lack of meals on Friday & Saturday. We do offer a simple menu available from our Bar or with our "Grab it and Go" service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Explanation of breakfast was poor.
breakfast itself was a little disapointing as the eggs were over cooked and had only just been replenished.
The room was excellent quite ,clean.
Very comfortable I slept extemely well.
The locality offered so many choices of eateries and restuarants it was brilliant.
I highly recommend the Ibis at Glenwaverly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Dear mike_russell,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay.

I was dissapointed to read that you found the breakfast explanation was poor and the eggs were not to your liking. I have discussed these points with our Food and Beverage team in an endeavour to improve our breakfast service and offering.

I was pleased to read that you found the room to be to your liking and that you had enjoyed a good nights sleep.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

very basic hotel...clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and polite...had wi fi but unfortunately had to pay for pleasure when they give the impression that it is free...they offer 15mins free in any 24hour period...

Dear tonypeters2,

We do have WIFI available throughout the Hotel which is free for the first 15 minutes.We also have available a webcorner whcih is located in the lobby and is free of charge for all guests.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a work trip in March 2013. There isn't a lot to do in Glen Waverley and it looked like the basic crowd were workers like myself. Reception were a little understaffed and I had to wait for the person to take two phone calls before I was checked in. Parking was under the hotel and is charged at $18 per day.

The room I was in (610) was quite large. There was very little in the way of cupboard space and no drawers. I was happy to hang up a couple of shirts and live out of by suitcase. Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room and some small long life milk in an otherwise empty bar fridge. There was a menu in the room for 24 hour room service. A flat screen TV with a god selection of channels and some pay per view movies. Breakfast was very basic but quite satisfactory. I had dinner in the restaurant at night as well and the food was very good.
Staff were all very pleasant and one of the strong points for the hotel.

I am used to hotel A/C's not working so I set this one on 20 degrees. To my surprise it quickly got down to this temp and maintained it - and quietly as well! So, all in all, it receives the thumbs up and I will be staying here again on my next trip south.

The only worry I had were the loud clanging in the shaft above the lift when it arrived at each floor. It sounded like it was about to fall apart.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ozbrian,

I appreciated your feedback regarding the nosie in the elevator shaft.We have not had this feedback before and we have alerted our elevator contractor to investigate and rectify this issue.

Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted to spend a long weekend in Melbourne close to our children who study at Monash University. The Ibis was beautifully clean, quiet, cool and comfortable. Some more expensive hotels have had noisier & less effective air conditioning. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a great place to spend a quiet weekend. Only downfall was the pillows - next time I might take my own.

Dear AnneBendigo,

I appreciate your comments in regards to the pillows. We do have a number of alternative pillows on offer and I have advise oour Front desk team to remember to offer theses alternatives to guests upon check in.

Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley

Been to Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!