“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Glen Waverley

Save Saved
You added Novotel Glen Waverley to your Saves list
Novotel Glen Waverley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   285 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley, Monash, Victoria 3150, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Glen Waverley

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel has spotlessly clean rooms, which are spacious and well decorated. The location is great, with shopping, entertainment and great places to eat (that also cater for my special gluten free dietary requirements), and almost on the doorstep. I also love the pillows from the pillow menu there. We did not use the pool or the saunas. A highlight is the efficient and prompt staff. When we ordered a bucket of ice it arrived in a few minutes. The pillows didn't take much longer.
The staff here is excellent and willing to go the extra mile for guest’s safety and comfort. Even the room attendants greet you as you pass by. The friendly assistant manager checked us in according to my requested room location.She even arranged a very late afternoon checkout on Sunday with no extra charge. Unfortunately there was a room problem later with noise, and the following day I spoke to Shannon at the front desk. Shannon was extremely helpful after I reported constant loud noise from a nearby room with a rowdy family, (which inhibited our sleep and the quiet weekend break my husband and I had hoped for). Shannon immediately changed our room and upgraded us to a king bed room with a spa! When we checked out she also waived the car park fee as apologetic gesture, which was very much appreciated by us. She was friendly, professional and an asset to the Novotel Glen Waverley. It’s so good to stay at hotel that look after their guests so well. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A 6th floor room is a good choice to reduce road noise. Ask for a room that does not face Springvale...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel Dian S, Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear travelvictoria

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share such decent review about the Novotel Glen Waverley on the TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have had a wonderful stay with us, and the services, facilities and location also assisted in making your stay a memorable one. I have extended your compliments to the team, especially Shannon who is delighted to have been of assistance to you. I am sure your compliments will encourage and motivate us greatly to continue with our good practices and attitudes toward delivering service excellence to every guest.

On the other hand, please allow me, on behalf of the team, to express our sincerest apologies for not being able to provide a peaceful or comfortable stay to you at the first place.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and trust your next stay will be a pleasant and hassle free one.

Kind regards

Samuel Sun
Assistant Manager
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for a whole week whilst on a contract. The room was fine internet was expensive and although 24 hours limited speed when reaching 500 meg. As I was uploading and downloading business files that limit was soon used up and it ran like a snail, if at all. Breakfast was minimalist, cold stuff just a bit of ham and cheese, hot stuff dry old bacon and the rest was just poor, I have had better in a cheap city hotel.

Positives, if you have to be at Glen Waverley then there the center has a lot for it, eat in the cinema arcade, lots of nice restaurants and by the shopping mall there is a wonderful steak restaurant by the outside car park. Expensive and I was disappointed

Finally the pool in the basement is just awful it is the size of exactly five strokes maybe four, gym was three bits of equipment and sauna was off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Richard M, Front Office Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Jonathon C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the rooms and were able to make the most of the surrounding arcade and restaurants; however your issues with internet, breakfast and the size of our pool are disappointing to hear.

Your comments regarding the breakfast buffet are concerning as we certainly normally provide a much greater range than what you experienced so if you wished to elaborate on your experience then I would be more than happy for you to get in touch with me directly to discuss.

Having recently completed a $5.6 million refurbishment of all the guest rooms you will be pleased to know that we have plans to renovate the pool and gym area of the hotel in the coming months. I hope that you will be able to return at some stage to see the improvements that we have planned.

Should you be willing to give us an opportunity to accommodate you again and I would be happy for you to contact me directly so that we can ensure a positive stay next time you are in Glen Waverley.

Kind regards,
Richard McArthur
Front Office Manager
Esplanade
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights.

While this is a pleasant hotel to stay in, I gave a lower rating because of an unfortunate encounter with the front desk over my reservation during check-in. Instead of understanding and appreciating what the real issue was, the lady at the front desk seemed to have pre-judged the issue. Further, she had to go in and out of the office a few times to get instructions from another person, presumably the duty manager in the back office, as to how they were dealing with the matter. It would have been helpful if the person in the back room had come out to assist directly instead of keeping the guest wait while the matter was being resolved behind. Fortunately, the issue was resolved with apologies by the hotel.

When we arrived thru the front door, there was no bell hop to help us with our luggage and I didn’t see any bell hops during my stay.

We were assigned a room on the 5th floor with a view overlooking parts of the hotel exhaust and ventilation systems. Room-wise, it was spacious, clean and with nice colour tones.
The bathroom was simple but clean and adequately spacious. When we arrived, we saw a trail of muddy boot marks on the carpet leading to one of the rooms. When we checked out from the hotel, the boot marks were still there.

The windows are not 100% sound proof as I could hear the beeping of the delivery/garbage truck alert at 5am in the morning downstairs.

The hotel has self-laundry facilities, a bar and a restaurant. We had breakfast at the restaurant which consisted of western and continental cuisine and was disappointed that there was no asian cuisine.

Price-wise, I consider the weekday room rates (about AUD290) to be on the high side for a 4 star hotel in the suburbs compared to a 5 star hotel downtown (Hilton from AUD210).

Other than the hotel’s good location to shopping (Centro, supermarkets - 5 minutes walk), numerous restaurants and cafes ( 1minute – 5 minutes walk), the highlight of my stay was the excellent service provided by the restaurant staff, Pek, during breakfast on 3 mornings. His heartwarming service was attentive, prompt, helpful and friendly. I was impressed on my first breakfast morning when he noticed that I was using the butter knife to cut my orange. He promptly and attentively offered to change my knife with a sharper knife. Despite the busy and peak breakfast period, he ensured that our plates were cleared promptly and diligently asked if we wanted more beverages. Also, he took time to chit-chat enquire about our stay in Novotel and in Melbourne.

Well done !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear vinz20,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, however I apologise for the fact that there were some issues which impeded on the overall enjoyment of your stay.

In regards to the issues you experienced during check in I can certainly understand your frustrations and as such I have discussed your feedback with the entire team so that we can learn from it and avoid such a situation again in the future.

I was so pleased to hear that Pek had made such a positive influence on your overall stay. I have passed on this feedback to him as well as his direct Manager. These kind words serve as encouragement not only to him, but to the rest of the team as well.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Richard McArthur
Front Office Manager

Been to Novotel Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!