“Great food, great drinks - a little pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food, great drinks - a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is hard to fault, genuine Polish recipes and taste as good as mama makes it - but our well known "peasant" food is a little dear here. Regardless, worth the trip, for the view, selection of beers and vodkas, and the pierogi and bigos! YUM!

Visited July 2014

Toowoomba
“Our delicious respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We arrived at 3.30 after a wine tour on foot hoping for food as we had walked all day and our bellies rumbled. Sadly the kitchen was closed but thanks to the friendly hosts a lovely bowl of soup followed by hot chocolate and cake certainly did the trick. The view was spectacular and the abundance of birds feeding was a welcome delight. Hope to visit again soon and enjoy a stay with dinner

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Terrible Service........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We arrived to tables that hadn't been cleared so we had to ask the staff to do this for us so that we could sit down. Then the girl said that she would bring us menus, 15 minutes later she remembered to do this, another 15 minutes before someone finally came and took our orders, 45 minutes later my daughter received her apple pancakes no cutlery (I had to go and ask for this as we were forgotten about again) then 10 minutes later my mother received her pot of tea and was asked if she would like milk, that came later (what restaurant doesn't bring milk out with the tea in the first place), then we received cold hot chocolates and finally after a very lengthy delay we received our apricot cake (with 2 pieces of apricot) and the rum torte (which was lovely). I have to say we have been regulars to your venue for quite a few years but this was worst service we have ever experienced all for 3 drinks and cake - nearly an hour delay and $41.00 later!!!! Just disgusting - we will not be visiting this venue ever again - very disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gold Coast
“Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Fine dining on the mountain, a great selection of entrees and meals whether it is lunch or dinner.
A delightful Polish themed restaurant, friendly waitresses looking great in the traditional dress.

The art gallery and gift shop had imported Polish things for purchase.

We had the traditional polish soup and the tomato soup which was delicious alongside the rye bread. The food platter consisted of traditional Polish meats, cheeses which was flavorsome.

The Polish coffee was quite strong served with cream, Zywiec is also a great tasting beer.

On my previous visit I stayed 2 nights in one of the loft chalets which offered gorgeous views, a spa and a fireplace for the cold winter nights. Breakfast basket was sufficient.

I highly recommend The Polish Place, Ania and her staff were perfect hosts.

Visited November 2013
Perth WA
“Great sized meals, but.............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I craved a Pork Hock (on the bone) meal. I asked two of the locals if this was a good place to eat in their opinion; they said no. I felt they may have an axe to grind and would make up my own mind. I accepted the somewhat twee atmosphere, authentic as it may be and had a nice glass of wine and awaited the main meal. It arrived looking brilliant if not too big to be contained on the plate. As a big eater this was a huge positive and I was looking forward to tucking in. Sadly the meat was both bland and almost still frozen at the bone. The hock had obviously been pre-cooked and then frozen or chilled enough to both lose flavour and remain quite cold at the bone. A great shame that everything looked fine but there was a big difference between what should have been and what was. I spoke to the young wait person who may have been new as they really did not know what to do with the information, so did nothing. I would not recommend this to someone who is extra particular about the quality of food.

• Visited May 2014