We stayed at the Maleleo B&B for 9 nights and would definitely recommend it! The little chalets that Lorena and her husband are renting are really sweet and the breakfast is marvellous!
There are just some things you have to consider when you stay here:
1) The pousada is located on Maracaipe beach that is a 25 - 30 minutes beach walk from Porto de Galinhas, restaurants and bars are open during the day, but you better stay in Porto in the evening. Transportation is organized by Lorena (she knows a buggy driver called Sergio who will bring you to PdG for only 10 Reais!!!).
2) The sea is very rough, we did not bother to go into the water, but the beach is nice and the sunbeds in front of the pousada are relaxing - only the traffic on the beach road that separates the pousada from the beach is sometimes a bit annoying (especially at the weekend)
3) The Maleleo is also home to many cats and dogs, so don't be afraid of these animals
4) The neighbors like to party at the weekend and they start to play loud music at 10 o clock in the morning (and stop around 3 or 4 in the night)!!! So if you like it quiet bring some earplugs :o)
Other from the above mentioned facts we really felt very welcome and Lorena is the perfect host. She gave us a lot of tips and printed information about the area and Recife for us. She mixed us drinks when her employee was not around, she made sure we got fresh towels for our trip to Maragogi and did a lot of other things to make us feel comfortable.
So we definitely recommed to stay there if you like to experience something special and not the usual boring 4 star hotel accommodation...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maleleo is a Charming Bed & Breakfast on the surf beach of Maracaipe - Porto de Galinhas. Accommodation for two people in comfortable chalets, with TV, air conditioning, garden and veranda. A very generous homemade breakfast is served individually in the restaurant lounge and comfortable beach chairs assure you a delightful rest in front of a clean wavy sea where you can watch or practice surfing and kite surfing. The friendly owners will be always at your disposal for an interesting conversation, tourist information or a chess game. Come visit us:you'll love it!**English, spanish,portouguese and italian spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Maleleo Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maleleo Bed & Breakfast Brazil/Ipojuca