My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 3-night stay in October. It is truly a lovely property located in a small town about 20 miles outside of Mendoza-city. (but you are closer to wine country). The grounds are large, with a "main" house, and then outlying stone buildings. We had a huge room with a beautiful fireplace and a wet-bar. The entire property is so lovely and charming. There's a small vineyard, and there are tons of flowers, trees, palms and more. Our room faced the pool, and there was a lovely verandah with chairs (and even a hammock!) to relax in after a grueling (ha ha) day of winetasting around Mendoza. If you like period charm--the actual country house was built early in the 20th century--but the entire place has been renovated with modern appointments--this is the place for you. We absolutely loved it.
Adding to the atmosphere was the family's assortment of pets--LaNegra the cat became our best friend during the stay--and the lovely breakfast room and sitting areas in the main house. There is a small winery on the property, and the tasting room/sitting area (you can have wine and snacks there every night at 6pm) is simply stunning. We had a memorable night there, sitting by the fire, watching the rain and sharing their yummy Malbec wine.
The staff is kind and professional--our room was impeccably clean and I just can't say enough good things! The only drawback--and this wasn't a drawback for us, but could be for some--is that Finca is in kind of a remote location. But, we wanted a remote get-away, so it was perfect for us.
One recommendation--if you're touring the wineries of Mendoza, hire a driver. The wineries are very spread out and are far afield from each other, making it almost impossible to drive yourself. I recommend The Vines of Mendoza (company started by an American) to arrange all of your needs. They put together a 2-day tour for us, including a driver that was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Adalgisa is an early 20th-century manor house and vineyard estate in the heart of the premier wine-growing region of Argentina. It is a charming family home converted in 2001 into the first boutique hotel and winery in Mendoza. Our guests are warmly welcomed as new friends and our home is your home. We have a relaxing and informal environment where things can be arranged spontaneously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Finca Adalgisa Hotel Vineyard & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Adalgisa Boutique Hotel And Winery By Bodega Furlotti
- Finca Adalgisa Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Hotel Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Hotel Vineyard & Winery Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina