I went to 'Crazy Angels' several years ago with a buddy only to discover when we arrived that the resort was less than 20% occupied that week. The good news was that our large bus full of Canadians were all relatively of the same age, very outgoing, and we ended up making it a great experience for all. Before you book a trip though, you may want to find out what the occupancy is going to be during your stay.
The resort is remote, so expect not to make a lot of excursions outside of the bay. On the good side, the resort is pretty compact, so there was not a lot of long walks required to get from your room to a restaurant or disco.
Overall, the resort was a bit tired, the food was OK. We got a great deal on our trip, so I thought it was decent value. At full price, I would have been more demanding/disappointed.
There were 2 nice surprises:
1) The surf. The horseshoe shaped bay creates some very nice body surfing waves - nice slow curls with some waves getting to 4-5 feet. We were body surfing every afternoon, and eventually had almost every male on our bus out there joining in the fun.
2) The shrimp hut about a 15 minute beach walk north of the resort - right on the beach. Even though we were at an all inclusive, it was a nice change of pace. The shrimp hut is exactly that, just a big wide open thatched roof hut, but the fresh grilled shrimp were amazing, and I think we were paying $2 for an ice-cold bottle of Dos Equis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village